- — D.K.:We are at the point in AI that we were with the Internet in 1993 and mobile around 2003.
- So I would say, view AI as something in the fabric of your company like electricity — like data flowing through your company in fundamental ways.Is it a threat or an opportunity?
- — D.K.: The digital and mobile disruptions largely favor distribution, so most of the real value is held by a handful of companies who have consolidated distribution.
- To take advantage of AI we really encourage companies to maintain control of their data — their intellectual property — because the value is in using it to train the AI.Don’t feed it to (an outside) platform that will serve as a distribution chokehold.
- Companies need to establish their data and knowledge strategy first — extending their own knowledge and not just turning it over to someone else.
David Kenny, IBM Watson’s Chief and a scheduled keynote speaker at Viva Technology recently spoke to The Innovator about what executives should do to prepare for AI. — D.K.: When you can predict…
Continue reading “An Interview With David Kenny – The Innovator news”
- Hollywood’s depictions of the future are usually pretty far-fetched — like the flying cars of “Blade Runner” and the hoverboards in “Back to the Future II.”
- The World Economic forum surveyed over 800 experts and executives to find out what the future will actually look like.
- Here are 7 amazing technologies they think the world will see by 2030.
The World Economic forum surveyed over 800 experts to find out what the future will hold.
Continue reading “Technology of the next decade according to the World Economic Forum”
- It’s great to see that leftists and millennials and others are snapping up George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four in a bid to make some sense of Trump’s presidency.
- Because when they get deep into this dystopian tale—into the Newspeaking, sex-fearing, history-rewriting meat of it—they might realize that it describes their authoritarianism better than Trump’s.
In the autumn of 2012, when Walmart first heard about the possibility of a strike on Black Friday, executives mobilized with the efficiency that had built a retail empire. Walmart has a system for almost everything: When there’s an emergency or a big event, it creates a Delta team. The one formed that September included […]
Continue reading “Newsbud Daily Picks”