- They surveyed the world’s leading researchers in artificial intelligence by asking them when they think intelligent machines will better humans in a wide range of tasks.
- And many of the answers are something of a experts that Grace and co coopted were academics and industry experts who gave papers at the International Conference on Machine Learning in July 2015 and the Neural Information Processing Systems conference in December 2015.
- These are two of the most important events for experts in artificial intelligence, so it’s a good bet that many of the world’s experts were on this list.Grace and co asked them all—1,634 of them—to fill in a survey about when artificial intelligence would be better and cheaper than humans at a variety of tasks.
- Grave and co then calculated their median responsesThe experts predict that AI will outperform humans in the next 10 years in tasks such as translating languages (by 2024), writing high school essays (by 2026), and driving trucks (by 2027).
- It’s easy to think that this gives the lie to these predictions.The experts go on to predict a 50 percent chance that AI will be better than humans at more or less everything in about 45 years.That’s the kind of prediction that needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Trucking will be computerized long before surgery, computer scientists say.
Continue reading “Experts Predict When Artificial Intelligence Will Exceed Human Performance”
- Hollywood’s depictions of the future are usually pretty far-fetched — like the flying cars of “Blade Runner” and the hoverboards in “Back to the Future II.”
- The World Economic forum surveyed over 800 experts and executives to find out what the future will actually look like.
- Here are 7 amazing technologies they think the world will see by 2030.
The World Economic forum surveyed over 800 experts to find out what the future will hold.
Continue reading “Technology of the next decade according to the World Economic Forum”
- What’s more, using AIs to build more AIs may also increase the speed at which new AIs can be made.
- Once you’ve trained an AI to accomplish a certain goal, you can’t necessarily crack it open and see how it is doing it.
- The downside is that AI building more AIs sure seems like it’s inviting a runaway cascade and, eventually, Skynet.
- Google Is Making AI That Can Make More AI
- The lab is reportedly building AI software that can build more AI software , with the goal of making future AI cheaper and easier.
There’s no way this could go wrong.
Continue reading “Google Is Making AI That Can Make More AI”
- Posted by Karen Hurst in categories: robotics/AI , space
- Cool places Ark I Blue Beauty EM Launch GETAS Nuclear Terrorist Official Song Educational Books Brochure Coursework Educational Videos Fellows Grants Interviews Press Releases Resources RSS Tutorial Scholarships Twitter Feed University Outreach Videos What’s New World News
- After a year of breakthroughs, experts believe they are on the brink of revolutionising our daily lives through artificial intelligence – and Asia can play a leading role in this brave new world.
- aging AI Apple bitcoin Black Holes blockchain CERN collective intelligence colonization Cortese Franco culture design education Einstein existential risks extinction Fermi Paradox future futurism Google Gravity Modification Harry J. Bentham health humanity immortality interstellar propulsion Interstellar Travel LHC Life extension longevity media & arts NASA Neuroscience nuclear politics research risks singularity space SpaceX sustainability technology Terrorism The Kline Directive transhumanism
- Main areas Home About Blog Programs Reports A-PRIZE Donate Join Us Newsletter Quotes Store Press Releases About us Advisory Boards Bitcoin Endowment Fund Contact Us Donor List FAQ Finances Guardian Award Interactive Friendly AI Logo Mission Statement Procedures Staff Supplemental FAQ Timeline
The Machines are Coming: China’s role in the future of artificial intelligence
Continue reading “The Machines are Coming: China’s role in the future of artificial intelligence”
- Click to register for the Microsoft Data Science Summit .
- I am super excited about the very first Microsoft Data Science Summit , to be held in Atlanta on September 26-27, 2016, and invite all data scientists, big data engineers and machine learning practitioners among you to attend.
- You will also have an opportunity to network with other data scientists and software engineers .
- Posted by Joseph Sirosh, Corporate Vice President of the Data Group at Microsoft.
- How to handle Real-Time and Streaming Data .
Read the full article, click here.
@josephsirosh: “More info on the Microsoft #DataScience Summit: – register today #MachineLearning #BigData”
I am super excited about the very first Microsoft Data Science Summit, to be held in Atlanta on September 26-27, 2016, and invite all data scientists, big data engineers and machine learning practitioners among you to attend.
Register Now for the First Microsoft Data Science Summit
- Adding Intelligence to Business Process Automation through Machine Learning
- How this new breed of automation improves on legacy solutions
- Global businesses must cut operational cost and improve agility, and Smart Process Automation – which combines workforce orchestration, RPA and cognitive automation – delivers on this imperative.
- The webinar brings together practitioners and experts on smart process automation from HfS Research, WorkFusion, Ascension Health and others to share experiences about how to improve business outcomes through more integrated automation technologies.
- HfS Webinar: Finance in the Digital Age Watch Now!
Read the full article, click here.
@Ronald_vanLoon: “HFS WEBINAR: SMART PROCESS AUTOMATION IN ENTERPRISE BUSINESS | #MachineLearning #Business #…”
Join us June 2nd, 11 AM ET: Experts from HfS Research, WorkFusion, Ascension Health and others will discuss how to solve for business outcomes through more integrated automation technologies.
HfS Webinar: Smart Process Automation in Enterprise Business