- ARM tipped its hand today with the announcement of DynamIQ, a new technology it says will lay the groundwork for its next generation of mobile processors.
- Like other mobile chip makers, the company’s got a lot to contend with when it comes to future-proofing its offerings, and certainly ARM’s making some pretty big claims for what it’s calling its “biggest micro-architectural shift since […] 2011”
Central to the company’s speed boasts are its focus on future artificial intelligence, an aspect of technology that will continue to grow more central to mobile computing over the next several years, both through the proliferation of smart-assistants, autonomous vehicles and beyond.
- As with offerings from other mobile chip makers, the company is targeting a wide range of different computing platforms that move well beyond mobile.
- Microsoft has already laid some of the groundwork for additional applications back in December when it announced that it would be bringing its apps to the company’s mobile processors, in an attempt to get hardware makers to build a wider variety of devices for the operating system.
- ARM’s not giving exact dates for the technology’s anticipated arrival, only stating that it expects its hardware partners to ship an additional 100 billion ARM-based chips by the year 2021, having shipped roughly half that number between 2013 and 2017.
ARM tipped its hand today with the announcement of DynamIQ, a new technology it says will lay the groundwork for its next generation of mobile processors…
Continue reading “ARM’s next-gen chip design puts the focus on artificial intelligence”
- A computer enemy is learning how to win virtual wars
- The Starcraft games always shipped with programming that allowed human players to try their hand against automated rivals, but while that AI was toggled to a different difficulty setting, the game was generally the same each time.
- No, today Blizzard, the makers of Starcraft and its successors, are opening up the game to an AI that learns .
- Starcraft is a game that’s simple to pick up, but takes a tremendous amount of practice to master.
- The first game and its expansion defined a generation of videogames-as-sports, and the latest incarnations are still played at the highest level.
AI is going to learn how to war in video games.
Continue reading “Blizzard Opens Up Starcraft To Google’s DeepMind AI”
- Quickly access any of our research and data products.
- Apply for a trial account today to obtain access to insight from 451 Research analysts worldwide and experience our products and services first hand.
- Company Mentions (primary) Movidius
- Sectors All / Internet of Things / Edge Computing All / Semiconductors All / Application software
- Hand picked content for you and your team.
Read the full article, click here.
@gp_pulipaka: “Visual Intelligence to power IoT, drones, phones. #BigData #MachineLearning #AI @Movidius”
451 Research is focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation within emerging technology segments and provides timely insight to end user, service provider, vendor, and investor organizations worldwide.
From drones to phones, Movidius creates visual intelligence offering to power IoT devices
- Click to register for the Microsoft Data Science Summit .
- I am super excited about the very first Microsoft Data Science Summit , to be held in Atlanta on September 26-27, 2016, and invite all data scientists, big data engineers and machine learning practitioners among you to attend.
- You will also have an opportunity to network with other data scientists and software engineers .
- Posted by Joseph Sirosh, Corporate Vice President of the Data Group at Microsoft.
- How to handle Real-Time and Streaming Data .
Read the full article, click here.
@josephsirosh: “More info on the Microsoft #DataScience Summit: – register today #MachineLearning #BigData”
I am super excited about the very first Microsoft Data Science Summit, to be held in Atlanta on September 26-27, 2016, and invite all data scientists, big data engineers and machine learning practitioners among you to attend.
Register Now for the First Microsoft Data Science Summit