- Interpol is using AI to hunt down child predators online
- The government and Flow Health are counting on deep learning to customize treatments.
- Twitter acquihires a new VP of product focused on connections
- The Department of Veterans Affairs and Flow Health have forged a 5-year alliance that will see the two build a massive medical knowledge graph (based on the records of 22 million veterans) that uses deep learning to customize health plans for vets.
- American veterans needing health care are about to get help from an unusual source: artificial intelligence.
American veterans needing health care are about to get help from an unusual source: artificial intelligence. The Department of Veterans Affairs and Flow Health…
Continue reading “AI will shape health care plans for US veterans”
- ” It follows that computers can, in theory, emulate human intelligence – and exceed it .”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) could be the worst thing to ever happen to humanity, acclaimed physicist Stephen Hawking has warned.
- Robots could be the worst thing ever for humanity, warns Stephen Hawking
- ” The rise of powerful AI will be either the best, or the worst thing, ever to happen to humanity .”
- Hawking warned AI ” could develop a will of its own – a will that is in conflict with ours. “
Artificial Intelligence (AI) could be the worst thing to ever happen to humanity, acclaimed physicist Stephen Hawking has warned.
Continue reading “Robots could be the worst thing ever for humanity, warns Stephen Hawking — RT UK”
- One of the report’s recommendations is to increase collaboration between government and industry on AI research: “AI can be a major driver of economic growth and social progress, if industry, civil society, government, and the public work together to support development of the technology
- Hard on the heels of the White House’s new report about artificial intelligence’s potential to address major societal challenges, NVIDIA will be holding Washington’s largest ever AI conference.
- The timing is right for policymakers and AI experts to meet, following yesterday’s White House report concluding that “AI has the potential to help address some of the biggest challenges that society faces” and recommending increased funding in AI research to fuel economic growth.
- The report, Preparing for the Future of Artificial Intelligence , published by the National Science and Technology Council, notes that “the effectiveness of government itself is being increased as agencies build their capacity to use AI to carry out their missions more quickly, responsively and efficiently.”
- GTC DC will feature some of the most prominent leaders in government and industry when it takes place Oct. 26-27, at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington.
Hard on the heels of the White House’s new report about artificial intelligence’s potential to address major societal challenges, NVIDIA will be holding Washington’s largest ever AI conference.
Continue reading “Major AI Conference Set for Washington, Following White House AI Report”
- Digital Catapult is a government funded not-for-profit organisation looking to help the digital economy grow.
- An invitation for innovators working in the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning sectors to engage with Digital Catapult
- The workshops will be highly interactive and will ask you where you see the market going, and how Digital Catapult can support businesses like yours.
- Digital Catapult continues to adapt to these changes, to understand the obstacles and opportunities digital companies are facing so we can best serve the community.
- If artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are essential components of your business, we would be delighted if you would join us for a working lunch to share your thoughts, explain common market barriers to scaling and discuss areas we may be able to help you and other businesses like yours.
Read the full article, click here.
@DigiCatapult: “#AI & #machinelearning innovators wanted for our Working Lunch, 22 August:”
This working lunch is an invitation for innovators working in the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning sectors to engage with Digital Catapult.
ArtificiaI Intelligence & Machine Learning
- NIPS Poster Spotlight Session 3 – Duration: 22 minutes.
- Provable Algorithms for Learning Neural Networks – Duration: 1 hour, 20 minutes.
- Panel 1 – Capturing the Research Lifecycle – Duration: 1 hour, 14 minutes.
- Oral Session: Competitive Distribution Estimation: Why is Good-Turing Good – Duration: 20 minutes.
- Invited Talks: Computational Principles for Deep Neuronal Architectures – Duration: 58 minutes.
Read the full article, click here.
@randal_olson: “In the past week, MS Research shared 180+ videos on YouTube. Most involve #MachineLearning.”
Microsoft Research collaborates with the world’s foremost researchers in academia, industry and government to move research in new directions across nearly e…