- In a nutshell, Distill is an interactive, visual journal for machine learning research.
- One day, perhaps, Distill articles will be a creative medium in their own right, a medium where it is possible to do exploratory machine learning research.
- At launch, Distill contains expository articles on subjects such as attention in neural networks, visualizing high-dimensional data using t-SNE, and using neural nets to generate handwriting.
- Going forward, Distill will publish both original research articles and expository articles.
- Distill articles will appear in Google Scholar, which will help authors receive academic credit.
The journal Distill launches today. In a nutshell, Distill is an interactive, visual journal for machine learning research. Going forward, Distill will publish both original research articles and expository articles. If you’re interested in submitting, please consult the page about publishing in Distill.
Continue reading “Distill: An Interactive, Visual Journal for Machine Learning Research – Y Combinator”
- A recent Forrester survey of business and technology professionals found that 58% of them are researching AI, but only 12% are using AI systems.
- Concerns about AI stealing jobs are nothing new but we anticipate deeper, more nuanced conversations on what AI will mean economically.
- Expect to hear (a little) less about malevolent AI taking over the world and more about the economic impacts of AI.
- Most AI systems are black boxes -and immensely complex.
- Watch highlights covering artificial intelligence, machine learning, intelligence engineering, and more.
From tools, to research, to ethics, Ben Lorica looks at what’s in store for artificial intelligence in 2017.
Continue reading “7 AI trends to watch in 2017”
- I’ll be leading a tech demo at the event looking at the power of machine data and machine learning in helping businesses to better understand customers.
- As more and more elements of our lives become digital interactions, machine data can tell us a great deal about our customers across all channels: mobile, social, web and in person.
- With Splunk we can combine all of your objective machine data about customer interactions alongside that customer perspective provided by survey or EFM.
- Customer experience is not just about objective metrics, it’s also about a customer’s subjective impressions.
- The open event is aimed at individuals looking to have questions answered about big data as well as share ideas with forward-thinking peers and leading members of the data community.
Splunk is at Big Data London in Olympia this week. This open event is aimed at individuals looking to have questions answered about big data as well as share ideas with forward-thinking peers and leading members of the data community.
Continue reading “Splunking Customer Experience”
- Success in creating AI, could be the biggest event in the history of our civilisation.”
- A woman holds up a Prince symbol during the Prince Official Tribute concert at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Stephen Hawking warns over Brexit attitudes towards money
- Hawking explained that in the future, AI could develop a “will of its own” which could be in conflict with the desires of humanity.
- Actress Nicole Kidman attends the ‘Lion’ American Express Gala screening during the 60th BFI London Film Festival at Odeon Leicester Square
Stephen Hawking has warned Artificial Intelligence could be the greatest disaster in human history if it is not properly managed. The world famous physicist said AI could bring serious perils such as powerful autonomous weapons and novel ways for those in power to oppress and control the masses.
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking: Artificial Intelligence could be the greatest disaster in human history as he opens AI research centre”
- But with the steady march of digital, these deals can include anything from app sponsorship to VR. Over the next two sandboxes, we will examine where brand partnerships…
- Brand partnerships used to be straightforward for musicians.
- September 27, 2016 : Sony has made two pop songs with artificial intelligence
- “Our Flow Machines software learns music styles from a huge database of songs.
- In part two of sandbox’s investigation into bands, brands and digital marketing, we look at the role that labels can play in securing the right partnership deals, as well as looking at some of the best and worst brand marriages.
Sony CSL Research Laboratory has been experimenting with songs composed by artificial intelligence rather than human songwriters.
Continue reading “September 27, 2016:Sony has made two pop songs with artificial intelligence”
- To replace human beings at most jobs, machines need to exhibit what we intuitively call “common sense”.
- For example, many human beings are illiterate and they can be said to have common sense.
- Common sense is basic knowledge about how the world of human beings works.
- For example, if you are lying on the floor yelling “I’m hurt”, common sense dictates that we call emergency services… but it is possible that Apple’s Siri could already be able to do this.
- If computers could be granted a generous measure of common sense, many believe that they could make better employees than human beings.
Read the full article, click here.
@kdnuggets: “Common Sense in #ArtificialIntelligence… by 2026? by @lemire”
An insightful opinion piece on the future of common sense in AI. A recommended read by an authority in the field.
Common Sense in Artificial Intelligence… by 2026?