- The process involved using a deep-learning framework called Caffe, and feeding it data-sets with images representative of different tattoo styles.
- Once the initial training session was complete, the AI could identify the style of a tattoo with pretty impressive accuracy.
- While the AI isn’t implemented into the app yet (they’re still feeding it data) they intend to finish training the AI then go forward from there.
- AI will help us to classify the remaining 250k pictures… Classification is really important for us because, based on it, we can show users personalized feeds depending on what styles they like, what artists they follow, what those artists are specialized in, etc.
- Without AI to sort images, a person has to view each one, decide what style it represents, tag the image, and then create hashtags so that other users can find it.
A pair of developers at Tattoodo developed a neural-network capable of processing pictures of tattoos and determining the style of the ink in the images.
Continue reading “These programmers taught an AI how to understand tattoos”
- The argument against artificial intelligence (AI) is driven by fear.
- The most realistic fear today is that AI will take people’s jobs.
- Undoubtedly technology is taking people’s jobs in droves.
- Google is a great example of machine learning that many people use every day and it truly does make life easier.
- While the fear of job loss is understandable, there is another point to make: because of artificial intelligence many people are currently doing jobs that weren’t available even just a few years back.
According to Stephen Hawkings we do have reason to beware of the consequences of artificial intelligence (AI) including the possibility of the end of the human race.
Continue reading “Why the Benefits of Artificial Intelligence Outweigh the Risks”
- Image recognition software can spot illegal cars in shipping crates
- Artificial intelligence could be used to stop car smugglers
- It wasn’t a revolutionary study, to be sure, but the project is a great example of how deep learning image recognition will be used to make our lives easier in the future.
- The neural network was startlingly accurate — correctly identifying cars 100-percent of the time with very few false alarms.
- Curiosity finds evidence that Mars was once rich in oxygen
Read the full article, click here.
@engadget: “Artificial intelligence could be used to stop car smugglers”
Chances are, you don’t spend a lot of time thinking about the logistics of international shipping — but you shouldn’t be surprised that transportation hubs are…
Artificial intelligence could be used to stop car smugglers