Artificial intelligence has the capability to transform the world – but not necessarily for the better. A group of scientists gathered to discuss doomsday scenarios, addressing the possibility that AI could become a serious threat.
Continue reading “’Who’s in control?’ Scientists gather to discuss AI doomsday scenarios — RT News”
- For IBM, the purpose of AI will be to aid humans, not replace them. “
- Google uses DeepMind AI to reduce energy use at data centers and save money (TechRepublic)
- We say cognitive, not AI, because we are augmenting intelligence,” Rometty said. “
- Microsoft’s new breakthrough: AI that’s as good as humans at listening…
- You must be clear as you build AI platforms how they are trained, and what data was used in training. “
At the World Economic Forum on Tuesday, IBM CEO Ginni Rometty laid out three principles to guide technologists for responsible AI use as cognitive abilities continue to develop.
Continue reading “3 guiding principles for ethical AI, from IBM CEO Ginni Rometty”
- Launched in early 2016, Element AI enables organizations to develop their own AI solutions by implementing an “AI-First” strategy.
- “Microsoft is committed to democratizing AI with guiding principles to drive positive impact.
- Element AI, a Canada-based AI incubator, was the first recipient of funding from this new fund.
- Element AI shares our approach and philosophy.”
- “We all know ‘You’re only as good as your tools’ and now Element AI is getting supercharged with Microsoft Ventures,” says Jean-François Gagné, CEO, Element AI. “
Microsoft is taking big steps to make its mark in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) sector.
Continue reading “Microsoft Ventures out to Democratize AI”
- Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform for discussion and engagement about AI and its influences on people and society.
- To advance public understanding and awareness of AI and its potential benefits and potential costs to act as a trusted and expert point of contact as questions/concerns arise from the public and others in the area of AI and to regularly update key constituents on the current state of AI progress.
- The engagement of AI users and developers, as well as representatives of industry sectors that may be impacted by AI (such as healthcare, financial services, transportation, commerce, manufacturing, telecommunications, and media) to support best practices in the research, development, and use of AI technology within specific domains.
- In support of the mission to benefit people and society, the Partnership on AI intends to conduct research, organize discussions, share insights, provide thought leadership, consult with relevant third parties, respond to questions from the public and media, and create educational material that advance the understanding of AI technologies including machine perception, learning, and automated reasoning.
- The regular engagement of experts across multiple disciplines (including but not limited to psychology, philosophy, economics, finance, sociology, public policy, and law) to discuss and provide guidance on emerging issues related to the impact of AI on society.
Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform for discussion and engagement about AI and its influences on people and society.
Continue reading “Partnership on Artificial Intelligence to Benefit People and Society”