- IBM claims it has the fastest cloud for deep learning and artificial intelligence (AI) after publishing benchmark tests which show NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPU accelerators on the IBM Cloud can provide up to 2.8 times more performance than the previous generation in certain cases.
- IBM purports to be the first of the large cloud providers to offer NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPUs.
- For the IBM tests, engineers trained a deep learning model for image classification using two NVIDIA P100 cards on Bluemix bare metal, before comparing the same process to two Tesla K80 GPU cards.
- “As the first major cloud provider to offer the NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPU, IBM Cloud is providing enterprises with accelerated performance so they can quickly and more cost-effectively create sophisticated AI and cognitive experiences for their end users.”
- Another cloud vendor utilising NVIDIA’s Tesla P100 GPU – although not of the same scale as IBM – is Tencent, who made the announcement back in March.
IBM claims it has the fastest cloud for deep learning and artificial intelligence (AI) after publishing benchmark tests involving NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPU accelerators.
Continue reading “IBM touts its cloud platform as quickest for AI with benchmark tests”
- Cloud Expo ® , Big Data Expo ® and @ThingsExpo ® are registered trademarks of Cloud Expo, Inc., a SYS-CON Events company.
- Cloud computing software is eating the world, and each day is bringing new developments in this world.
- Cloud Expo Power Panel | Cloud Computing: We Now Live in an API World
- Day 3 Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo | Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream
- The company’s internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Expo ® ( @CloudExpo ), Big Data Expo ® ( @BigDataExpo ), DevOps Summit ( @DevOpsSummit ), @ThingsExpo ® ( @ThingsExpo ), Containers Expo ( @ContainersExpo ) and Microservices Expo ( @MicroservicesE ).
Continue reading “Extreme Computing”
- IBM’s New Watson Centre Merges Blockchain With AI
- The IBM Garage is run as part of the company’s Global Entrepreneur program.
- The opening of the new center comes during an active time for IBM and its exploration of blockchain.
- IBM has announced a new framework for securing blockchain systems running in its cloud services.
- Leaders from IBM, Microsoft, Blockstream and Cognizant discuss how technology companies can best reimagine their products by building with blockchain.
Read the full article, click here.
@mohit_016: “IBM’s new #Watson Centre in Singapore merges #Blockchain with #AI”
Artificial intelligence and blockchain are being build together at IBM’s newly launched Watson Centre at Marina Bay in Singapore.
IBM’s New Watson Centre Merges Blockchain With AI