- Deep learning neural networks — the likes of which power AlphaGo as well as the current generation of image recognition and language translation systems — are the best machine learning systems we’ve developed to date.
- While neurons use their various connections with each other to recognize patterns, “We are explicitly forcing the network to discover the relationships that exist” between pairs of objects in a given scenario, Timothy Lillicrap, a computer scientist at DeepMind told Science Magazine.When subsequently tasked in June with answering complex questions…
- In a pair of research papers presented at the 2017 International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence held in Melbourne, Australia last week, IBM submitted two studies: one looking into how to grant AI an “attention span”, the other examining how to apply the biological process of neurogenesis — that is,…
- It’s the same way that your doctor doesn’t tap your knees with that weird little hammer thing when you come in complaining of chest pain and shortness of breath.While the attention system is handy for ensuring that the network stays on task, IBM’s work into neural plasticity (how well memories…
- Basically the attention model will cover the short term, active, thought process while the memory portion will enable the network to streamline its function depending on the current situation.But don’t expect to see AIs rivalling the depth of human consciousness anytime soon, Rish warns.
Since the days of Da Vinci’s “Ornithoper”, mankind’s greatest minds have sought inspiration from the natural world for their technological creations. It’s no di…
Continue reading “IBM is teaching AI to behave more like the human brain”
- Try Deep Learning in Python now with a fully pre-configured VMI love to write about face recognition, image recognition and all the other cool things you can build with machine learning.
- If you aren’t a long-time Linux user, it can be really hard to figure out how to get a system fully configured with all the required machine learning libraries and tools like TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, OpenCV, and dlib.
- To make it simple for anyone to play around with machine learning, I’ve put together a simple virtual machine image that you can download and run without any complicated installation steps.The virtual machine image has Ubuntu Linux Desktop 16.04 LTS 64-bit pre-installed with the following machine learning tools:Python 3.5OpenCV 3.2 with Python 3 bindingsdlib 19.4 with Python 3 bindingsTensorFlow 1.0 for Python 3Keras 2.0 for Python 3Theanoface_recognition for Python 3 (for playing around with face recognition)PyCharm Community Edition already set up and ready to go for all these librariesConvenient code examples ready to run, right on the desktop!Even the webcam is preconfigured to work inside the Linux VM for OpenCV / face_recognition examples (as long as you set up your webcam to be accessible in the VMware settings).
- So don’t the VirtualBox version unless you don’t have any other choice.You need VMware to run this virtual machine image.
- Right-click on the code window and choose “Run” to run the current file in PyCharm.If you configure your webcam in VMware settings, you can access your webcam from inside the Linux virtual machine!
I love to write about face recognition, image recognition and all the other cool things you can build with machine learning. Whenever possible, I try to include code examples or even write libraries…
Continue reading “Try Deep Learning in Python now with a fully pre-configured VM”
- According to Samsung, it sure can, and that’s what it the company out to prove with its Bixby AI service.
- Bixby is being loaded on the Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphones, which were announced on Tuesday.
- Bixby is an agent that can help the smartphones talk, recommend, and remind, said Mok Oh, vice president of service strategy at Samsung.
- The AI service is being positioned as a more intuitive way to use and interact with smartphones.
- For example, Bixby can help smartphones execute tasks with a voice command.
5 things the Samsung Galaxy S8’s Bixby artificial intelligence service will do
Continue reading “5 things the Samsung Galaxy S8’s Bixby artificial intelligence service will do”
- AWS offers a family of intelligent services that provide cloud-native machine learning and deep learning technologies to address your different use cases and needs.
- For developers looking to add managed AI services to their applications, AWS brings natural language understanding (NLU) and automatic speech recognition (ASR) with Amazon Lex, visual search and image recognition with Amazon Rekognition, text-to-speech (TTS) with Amazon Polly, and developer-focused machine learning with Amazon Machine Learning.
- For more in-depth deep learning applications, the AWS Deep Learning AMI lets you run deep learning in the cloud, at any scale.
- Launch instances of the AMI, pre-installed with open source deep learning frameworks (Apache MXNet, TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, Torch and Keras), to train sophisticated, custom AI models, experiment with new algorithms, and learn new deep learning skills and techniques; all backed by auto-scaling clusters of GPU-based instances.
- Whether you’re just getting started with AI or you’re a deep learning expert, this session will provide a meaningful overview of the managed AI services, the AI Platform offerings, and the AI Frameworks you can run on the AWS Cloud.
AWS offers a family of intelligent services that provide cloud-native machine learning and deep learning technologies to address your different use cases and needs. For developers looking to add managed AI services to their applications, AWS brings natural language understanding (NLU) and automatic speech recognition (ASR) with Amazon Lex, visual search and image recognition with Amazon Rekognition, text-to-speech (TTS) with Amazon Polly, and developer-focused machine learning with Amazon Machine Learning.
Continue reading “AI Tech Talk: An Overview of AI on the AWS Platform”
Adam Coates, the director of the Baidu Research’s Silicon Valley AI Lab, says don’t fear artificial intelligence. Instead, look to it to save lives. He spoke at the InformationWeek Elite 100 Conference this week.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence: Don’t Fear It, Embrace It”
- Get sample code for implementing deep learning and natural language processing APIs
- The code transforms a tedious manual content workflow into a more automated, cost-efficient process.
- As the API economy enters its second decade, many organizations, from startups to Fortune 500, are recognizing the transformational power of APIs and creating game-changing applications.
- Savvy developers know where the APIs are and how to put them to use in a way that enables iterative and agile application development.
- We partnered with ProgrammableWeb to put together a use case to provide the source code and thinking behind NewsMedia Inc.’s (a fictitious company) implementation of deep learning and natural language processing APIs available on Watson Developer Cloud .
As the API economy enters its second decade, many organizations, from startups to Fortune 500, are recognizing the transformational power of APIs and creating game-changing applications. Developers now draw from a nearly infinite palette of internal and public APIs in an effort to outsource almost all of their application functionality.
Continue reading “The source code behind PhD APIs”
- Co-authors Robert Scoble and Shel Israel lead a discussion in virtual reality about how technology got us this far and why AR/VR and AI is next
- Scoble and Israel, looking down the path of the future with AR, VR, and AI, also want to remind us: “Something new is .”
- With his first reading, Israel introduced us to the book’s theme by way of its opening sentence – one with a leading clause that sounds particularly familiar. “
- Entrenched in the tech and digital worlds since before DOS was popular, tech evangelist Robert Scoble and prolific writer Shel Israel performed a reading of their newest collaboration, a book entitled The Fourth Transformation: How Augmented Reality (AR) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Will Change Everything.
- In the beginning,” Israel started, “there were mainframes.
Co-authors Robert Scoble and Shel Israel lead a discussion in virtual reality about how technology got us this far and why AR/VR and AI is next Entrenched in the tech and digital worlds since before…
Continue reading “Something New Is Coming – AltspaceVR – Medium”