- To use this website, cookies must be enabled in your browser.
- To enable cookies, follow the instructions for your browser below.
- There is a specific issue with the Facebook in-app browser intermittently making requests to websites without cookies that had previously been set.
- This appears to be a defect in the browser which should be addressed soon.
- The simplest approach to avoid this problem is to continue to use the Facebook app but not use the in-app browser.
It was my blessing and my curse to be the world chess champion when computers finally reached a world championship level of play. When I resigned the final match game against the IBM supercomputer Deep Blue on May 11, 1997, I became the first world champion to be defeated in a classical match by a machine.
Continue reading “Rise of artificial intelligence: learning to love machines”
- It follows that computers can, in theory, emulate human intelligence – and exceed it.”
- Hawking said: “Success in creating AI could be the biggest event in the history of our civilisation.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) has the power to eradicate poverty and disease or hasten the end of human civilisation as we know it, celebrated scientist Stephen Hawking told an audience in Cambridge on Wednesday evening.
- Hawking said: “Intelligence is central to what it means to be human.
- Everything that our civilisation has achieved is a product of human intelligence, from learning to master fire, to learning to grow food, to understanding the cosmos.
Artificial intelligence (AI) has the power to eradicate poverty and disease or hasten the end of human civilisation, celebrated scientist Stephen Hawking told an audience in Cambridge on Wednesday evening.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence can end civilisation: Stephen Hawking”