- The information on the site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations.
- The gurus may buy and sell securities before and after any particular article and report and information herein is published, with respect to the securities discussed in any article and report posted herein.
- GuruFocus has detected 6 Warning Signs with Intel Corp $INTC.
- The gurus listed in this website are not affiliated with GuruFocus.com, LLC.
- Under no circumstances does any information posted on GuruFocus.com represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security.
If You Think Intel Is Dead Money, Think Again, Stocks: INTC, release date:Jan 22, 2017
Continue reading “If You Think Intel Is Dead Money, Think Again”
- Nervana’s technology will be a PCIe add-in card expected to hit be out sometime around the first half of 2017, codenamed Lake Crest and incorporates HBM technology that is directly targeting current GPU solutions.
- Saffron Technology is a North Carolina company founded in 1990 and whose natural Intelligence platform is utilized by thousands of companies around the world including the US Defense Department.
- Together with Saffron’s cognitive computing technology which Intel acquired last year , the company expects to be a leader in deep learning development.
- Intel is also in the process of acquiring Movidius, a visual sensing company, whose technologies should fit perfectly well with Intel’s deep learning efforts.
- With Nervana’s technology, Intel is expecting to produce “a breakthrough 100-fold increase in performance in the next three years to train complex neural networks” , says Intel CEO Bryan Krzanich in a recent editorial .
A few short months ago, Intel acquired Nervana Systems for 400 million dollars with the intention of using the technology they developed in order to be competitive in the deep learning market currently dominated by GPU-based solutions from NVIDIA. Artificial Intelligence is a big market for Intel and the company sees it as a pivotal ground that they must put a stake in or risk falling behind like they did on the mobile front.
Continue reading “Intel Bets Big on Deep Learning: Lays Out Artificial Intelligence Roadmap”
- Nervana was one of my five deep learning startups to watch in 2015 .
- Nervana open-sourced its Neon deep learning software last year.
- While Intel has a running business in high-performance computing (HPC), it has taken a back seat to Nvidia, another HPC supplier, when it comes to creating chips for deep learning, a trendy type of artificial intelligence that involves training artificial neural networks on lots of data and then getting them to make inferences on new data.
- It’s unclear if Google has joined with Intel in that affair.
- Today’s deal follows Salesforce’s acquisition of MetaMind , another prominent deep learning startup.
Read the full article, click here.
@VentureBeat: “Intel acquires deep learning startup Nervana by @jordannovet”
Chipmaker Intel today announced that it has acquired Nervana, a startup that has been developing artificial intelligence software and hardware. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed, but a source familiar with the matter told VentureBeat Intel paid more than $350 million.
Intel acquires deep learning startup Nervana for more than $350 million