- But with the steady march of digital, these deals can include anything from app sponsorship to VR. Over the next two sandboxes, we will examine where brand partnerships…
- Brand partnerships used to be straightforward for musicians.
- September 27, 2016 : Sony has made two pop songs with artificial intelligence
- “Our Flow Machines software learns music styles from a huge database of songs.
- In part two of sandbox’s investigation into bands, brands and digital marketing, we look at the role that labels can play in securing the right partnership deals, as well as looking at some of the best and worst brand marriages.
Sony CSL Research Laboratory has been experimenting with songs composed by artificial intelligence rather than human songwriters.
Continue reading “September 27, 2016:Sony has made two pop songs with artificial intelligence”
- As an example, the post embeds Daddy’s Car , an AI-composed song that’s meant to follow the musical style of The Beatles.
- The post provides another example, The Ballad of Mr. Shadow , which is composed by artificial intelligence in the style of Irving Berlin, Duke Ellington, George Gershwin, and Cole Porter.
- There’s no question that this work can lead to new modes of access to music, interaction with sound, and human interaction, as Sony’s site says.
- After “exploiting unique combinations of style transfer, optimization and interaction techniques, it can compose in any style,” the post reads.
- It’s a question we’ll likely not know the answer to for a number of years, but there’s no doubt that artificial intelligence has the potential to disrupt the music industry forever.
The team’s Flow Machines project successfully created entire pop songs composed by artificial intelligence, after learning musical styles from a database.
Continue reading “Sony Composes Music With Artificial Intelligence”
- Artificial Intelligence Has Written A Beatles-style Pop Hit
- “Daddy’s Car” is the first entire pop song composed by artificial intelligence.
- © Artificial Intelligence Has Written A Beatles-style Pop Hit – Electronic Beats
- Hmmm, if there are two words that have always gone good together, it’s definitely “music” and “optimization.
- 9 Music Videos Using Tachyons+ To Bend Realities
Did someone just say, “the singularity”, or did we just hear the first song ever composed entirely by artificial intelligence? In the words of the developers, “Flow Machines software learns music styles from a huge database of songs. Then, exploiting unique combinations of style transfer, optimization and interaction techniques, it can compose in any style.” Hmmm, if there are two words that have always gone good together, it’s definitely “music” and “optimization.” We wonder whether techno musicians will give up their infatuation with the future now…
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Has Written A Beatles-style Pop Hit”