- Southeast Asia is proving to be a market leader for IoT around the world.
- Hosting many of the leading companies and having a huge potential market both in terms of consumers and enterprise, combined with governments who are aggressively pursuing the benefits of IoT, the region is currently ahead in the race to be the world’s leaders in implementing IoT.
- The sharp growth in the population and consumer technology market within this region has led to the region leapfrogging to Industry 4.0.
- As the region continues its growth in its industrial and manufacturing sectors, which are well supported by a huge local demand for products and an adequate ecosystem for the industry, we can only expect a surge in the demand for Industrial IoT.
- The growing customer demand with diverse technology needs, the increasing number of devices, a surging manufacturing/industrial sector and governments that consider technology to be a top priority make the perfect mix to create an ecosystem that will foster IoT growth, setting the Southeast Asia region to be the market leader for this industry in the entire world.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is taking the entire world by storm. While the predicted range is wide, McKinsey recently forecast the IoT market to be worth US$11 trillion by 2025. IoT, however, is still a work-in-process, which means many companies, and many countries at at very different stages in development.
Continue reading “Who’s leading the global IoT market in 2017?”