- Before each job interview, Alex Ren offers the following advice to his clients to ensure their success: “Be humble and appreciate the opportunity to fully demonstrate your strength and what you can offer”.
- The advice is not for potential employees.
- Rather, it is for Chinese technology companies trying to hire top-tier Silicon Valley talent in artificial intelligence (AI) in competition with the likes of Alphabet, Uber Technologies and Facebook.
- “Chinese companies are obsessed with hiring Silicon Valley talent because winning talent here is like reaching the commanding heights of the AI battlefield,” said Ren, founder of TalentSeer, a San Francisco-based headhunting company focused on AI expert recruitment.
Chinese firms fight to lure top artificial intelligence talent from Silicon Valley
Continue reading “Chinese firms fight to lure top artificial intelligence talent from Silicon Valley”
- These deep learning algorithms have been used in the autonomous driving industry for quite some time, and only now is it beginning to branch out into other industries, such as online shopping.
- One company that offers machine learning solutions for e-commerce businesses and others is Adobe Marketing Cloud as they recognize the need to make use of AI as early as possible.
- Andrew Zhai is an engineer working on the visual search side of things at Pinterest, and he said, “For shopping specifically, improvements to online discovery means new ways to find products you’re interested in but may not have the words for.
- Etsy is also keen to jump onboard with deep learning technology, and just last fall purchased Blackbird Technologies to integrate the firm image recognition and natural language processing into its search function.
- Some of Adobe’s marketing tools also use deep learning techniques and are used to predict their customer’s shopping behaviors and patterns.
There’s no doubt about it that our future is one that involves artificial intelligence (AI) in a big way. While some companies are faster than others at
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Is Changing How We Shop Online”
- Béhar says that while the robot can’t replace human interaction, it can offer a companion to elderly people living alone.
- Tech startup Intuition Robotics unveiled an artificial intelligence-based robot companion that aims to improve the quality of life of elderly people on Wednesday.
- AI Robot Companion Wants to Keep Old People Company
- ElliQ is an “active aging companion” aimed at making elderly people feel less lonely.
- “The idea of having a robot companion is quite dystopian, especially for older generations,” said Yves Béhar, CEO of Fuseproject-a design studio that collaborated with Intuition Robotics on the ElliQ.
The ElliQ is a voice-activated, AI-based companion for the elderly.
Continue reading “This robot ‘ageing companion’ is like an Alexa for the elderly”
- Amazon Rekognition Is An Image Recognition Service By Amazon
- According to Amazon’s CTO Werner Vogels, “Amazon Rekognition democratizes the application of deep learning technique for detecting objects, scenes, concepts, and faces in your images, comparing faces between two images, and performing search functionality across millions of facial feature vectors that your business can store with Amazon Rekognition.”
- Now it seems that Amazon wants in as well as they have announced Amazon Rekognition .
- As to who might be taking advantage of Amazon’s Rekognition service remains to be seen, as well as the various applications that it might be used for.
- 2016-11-28 Amazon To Start Cracking Down Harder On Counterfeit Products
One of the basic features of artificial intelligence (AI) is the ability to recognize images and process them. Companies like Microsoft and Google…
Continue reading “Amazon Rekognition Is An Image Recognition Service By Amazon”
- Google supercharges Play Music with machine learning for smarter recommendations
- Google Play Music is getting a much-needed overhaul starting this week, both inside and out.
- The company noted the update will roll out starting this week, so you should be able to try the revamped interface soon.
- The company’s music service will now use those smarts to bring you suitable playlists for every activity it can reliably detect.
- Its Android , iOS and Web apps are getting a new interface that’s powered by machine learning to recommend music based on what you’re doing and where you are.
Google Play Music’s Android, iOS and Web apps are getting a new interface that recommends music based on what you’re doing and where you are.
Continue reading “Google supercharges Play Music with machine learning for smarter recommendations”