- Let us say, you are writing a nice and clean Machine Learning code (e.g. Linear Regression).
- As the name of the suggests, cross-validation is the next fun thing after learning Linear Regression because it helps to improve your prediction using the K-Fold strategy.
- But we divide the dataset into equal K parts (K-Folds or cv).
- Then train the model on the bigger dataset and test on the smaller dataset.
- This graph represents the k- folds Cross Validation for the Boston dataset with Linear Regression model.
Cross-validation helps to improve your prediction using the K-Fold strategy. What is K-Fold you asked? Check out this post for a visualized explanation.
Continue reading “Visualizing Cross-validation Code”
- And while many of the tech giants working on AI like Google and Facebook have open sourced some of their algorithms, they hold back most of their data.In contrast, blockchains represent and even incent open data.
- For example: creating a decentralized Uber requires a relatively open dataset of riders and drivers available to coordinate the network.The network effects and economic incentives around these open systems and their data can be more powerful than current centralized companies because they are open standards that anyone can build on in the same way the protocols of the internet like TCP/IP, HTML, and SMTP have achieved far greater scale than any company that sits atop them.
- And oracle systems (a fancy way of saying getting people all over the world to report real world information to the blockchain in a way we can trust) like Augur will inject more data.This open data has the potential to commoditize the data silos most tech companies like Google, Facebook, Uber, LinkedIn, and Amazon are built on and extract rent from.
- AIs trained on open data are more likely to be neutral and trustworthy instead of biased by the interests of the corporation who created and trained them.Since blockchains allow us to explicitly program incentive structures, they may make the incentives of AI more transparent.Simplified, AI is driven by 3 things: tools, compute power, and training data.
- My guess is they shift to 1) creating blockchain protocols and their native tokens and 2) AIs that leverage the open, global data layer of the blockchain.
Sam Altman recently wrote that we are entering an era of hyperscale technology companies. These companies own massive troves of data with strong network effects around them and they are only getting…
Continue reading “Blockchains are a data buffet for AIs – Fred Ehrsam – Medium”
- ‘There’s an urgency to ensure that AI benefits society and minimises harm,’ said LinkedIn founder Hoffman.
- LinkedIn and eBay founders Reid Hoffman and Pierre Omidyar donate $10m each to the Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence Fund
- The fund is one of many new bodies aimed at shaping the future of AI in a positive – or, at least, thoughtful – direction.
- The founders of LinkedIn and eBay are donating a combined $20m (£16.4m) to fund academic research aimed at ensuring the safety of artificial intelligences.
- LinkedIn’s founder Reid Hoffman and the Omidyar network, the philanthropic investment firm set up by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, are donating $10m each to the Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence Fund, which will distribute money to researchers working on the tough ethical problems raised by AI.
Reid Hoffman and Pierre Omidyar are donating $10m each to the Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence Fund, to help tackle ethical problems of AI
Continue reading “Tech billionaires donate $20m to fund set up to protect society from AI”
- Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence , whose motto is “AI for the common good.”
- New $27 million fund backs research into artificial intelligence for the public interest
- Amazon gives out 5,000 bananas a day in Seattle
- The fund’s backers said they would collaborate with existing AI research efforts, including an “AI Now” symposium scheduled for July 10 at MIT Media Lab.
- Amazon falls behind Disney, but beats Netflix, in study ranking millennials’ intimacy with brands
LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman and Omidyar Network are anchoring a newly formed $27 million fund to support research into the social impacts of AI.
Continue reading “New $27 million fund backs research into artificial intelligence for the public interest”
- The $40 ‘Watch Dogs 2’ Season Pass includes new stories, clothes
- Microsoft CEO says mixed reality is the ‘ultimate computer’
- Ukraine’s military wants HoloLens helmets for its tank commanders
- Nadella admitted that for a long time, Microsoft was complacent. “
- Tap your cheek to ask Siri a question with Bragi Dash update
Microsoft is set to unveil several new products at its fall event on Wednesday, but that hasn’t stopped CEO Satya Nadella from dropping by Laguna Beach, Califor…
Continue reading “Microsoft CEO says mixed reality is the ‘ultimate computer’”
- Are 10 machine learning startups worth a closer look.
- 10 Cool Machine Learning Startups To Watch
- PricewaterhouseCoopers said 29 machine learning companies have been acquired so far this year by companies large and small, and total deals in 2016 will likely exceed the 37 such buyouts made last year.
- “Ten years ago, we struggled to find 10 machine learning-based business applications.
- There are companies specializing in machine learning applications for these verticals.
Machine learning is technology that trains software so developers don’t have to code it by hand. The number of new companies in the category has grown exponentially over the past few years. Here are 10 machine learning startups worth a closer look.
Continue reading “10 Cool Machine Learning Startups To Watch”