- Capping off the slew of updates it unveiled this year at VidCon, YouTube announced at a session on Saturday evening that it is rebuilding its Creator Studio on desktops and revamping comments with new machine learning technology.
- The all-new YouTube Creator Studio — which the company is renaming YouTube Studio — will still feature a suite of channel management tools aimed to make creators’ lives easier.
- YouTube says it’s rebuilding the Studio with creator input, and is inviting interested parties to sign up for a beta test right here.
- YouTube said that updates to comments, including the ability for creators to bestow hearts and pin comments, are seeing great success.
- The technology will also parse through comments to look for common themes and topics, giving creators a sense of what viewers are talking about at a glance.
YouTube announced it is rebuilding its Creator Studio on desktops and revamping comments with new machine learning technology.
Continue reading “YouTube Adds Machine Learning To Comments, Rebuilds Its Desktop Creator Studio”
- “I think in the next 30 years, people will only work four hours a day and maybe four days a week,” Ma said Tuesday during a CNBC interview at the Gateway ’17 Conference.
- We work eight hours, five days a week and think we are very busy.”
- The Chinese billionaire also addressed the rise of artificial intelligence, advocating that machines shouldn’t be made to replicate human behavior.
- “I don’t think we should make machines like humans,” Ma said.
- “The third technology revolution may cause the Third World War,” Ma told CNBC.
Alibaba founder Jack Ma thinks artificial intelligence will revolutionize the work week, and make it shorter for humans
Continue reading “Jack Ma: Artificial Intelligence Will Bring a Four-Day Week”
- While artificial intelligence isn’t likely to come for your job anytime soon (no matter how many dystopian movies say otherwise), AI and machine learning are already automating and improving many everyday tasks, like mobile search or the organization of your family photos.
- AI is also helping a new breed of companies disrupt industries from medical research to agriculture.
- Computers can’t yet replace humans, but they can do a great job handling the mundane clutter of our lives.
For accelerating mobile search with artificial intelligence04.
For giving digital services the power of human speech05.
Don’t fear smart computers—these companies are using AI to prevent disease, predict food shortages, and more.
Continue reading “The 10 Most Innovative Companies In AI/Machine Learning 2017”
- The Opinion Pages Room for Debate
- Karl Lagerfeld of Chanel transformed a catwalk into a data center of cables and circuit boards at Paris Fashion Week in October.
- This is a collaboration with Turning Points , a magazine published by The New York Times international edition, that explores what critical moments from this year might mean for the year ahead.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Taking Over Our Lives?
- Garry Kasparov, former world chess champion
From driverless cars and smart robots to drones and computer chess champions, is technology making our lives better?
Continue reading “Is Artificial Intelligence Taking Over Our Lives?”
- Stephen Hawking says technology will devastate the middle class
- Hawking sees people working together as the only option.
- “With not only jobs but entire industries disappearing, we must help people to retrain for a new world and support them financially while they do so,” he says.
- Hawking believes we have to look outward to save the species.
- Technology and globalization are affecting many people adversely, he says.
Commentary: The famous physicist pleads for humans to work together, as this is “the most dangerous time for our planet.”
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking says technology will devastate the middle class”
- Machine learning systems wouldn’t just make life easier for healthcare professionals or the elderly.
- Having a machine learning system that would help elderly people lead healthy, independent lifestyles in a supportive and appropriate way could change their lives.
- Machine learning systems would allow healthcare workers to use their time more efficiently, focusing on proactive and needs-based treatment.
- A leader in this field of context aware machine learning systems is Sentiance who has built an advanced machine learning system that can be used to monitor health and activity in our normal lives.
- Healthcare is a public good, and machine learning makes it possible to improve outcomes not just for our Grandmas, but for the aging population in general and the institutions, people and governments who support them.
What role does AI and machine learning have to play in a world with an ageing population? This article explores the issues.
Continue reading “Grandma, machine learning and the internet of things”
- It follows that computers can, in theory, emulate human intelligence – and exceed it.”
- Hawking said: “Success in creating AI could be the biggest event in the history of our civilisation.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) has the power to eradicate poverty and disease or hasten the end of human civilisation as we know it, celebrated scientist Stephen Hawking told an audience in Cambridge on Wednesday evening.
- Hawking said: “Intelligence is central to what it means to be human.
- Everything that our civilisation has achieved is a product of human intelligence, from learning to master fire, to learning to grow food, to understanding the cosmos.
Artificial intelligence (AI) has the power to eradicate poverty and disease or hasten the end of human civilisation, celebrated scientist Stephen Hawking told an audience in Cambridge on Wednesday evening.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence can end civilisation: Stephen Hawking”
- We spoke to Paul Davies, UK CMO at Microsoft and one of our Vision 100 on what it takes to be a visionary.
- Video Food & Drink Video Vision 100
- Paul Davies talks about what it takes to be a visionary and his expectations for the industry in the next ten years.
- Watch the video to find out more on what qualities Davies thinks visionaries require and why he looks to music, the arts or theatre for inspiration.
- Wells Point, 79 Wells Street, London W1T 3QN. Registered in England No: 1595235
Read the full article, click here.
@MarketingWeekEd: “UK CMO of @Microsoft on why his visionary inspiration is astronaut Tim Peake #Vision100”
Davies said it takes a lot of curiosity and that visionaries need to be curious about the world around them and what makes people tick. He said that they should also have courage and the bravery to try different things.
Microsoft’s UK CMO on artificial intelligence and his visionary inspiration
- Using Statistical Algorithms for Success in Kaggle’s Data Science Competition
- Data Science for Dummies can help!
- A Simple Series of Steps For Getting Into Data Science
- We’re giving out a free all-in-one infographic that serves as a long-form overview of what’s covered in the 400+ page book, Data Science for Dummies .
- Learn data science practices that you can use to reach your goals and advance your career
Read the full article, click here.
@KirkDBorne: “”#DataScience for Dummies” by @BigDataGal #BigData #Analytics #MachineLearning”
So many people are asking the question, “What is data science?”, that Wiley and Sons Publishers decided to publish a book answering that exact question.
What is Data Science? Get the full answer here…