- Called “AutoML” for “auto-machine learning,” it allows one A.I. to become the architect of another, and direct its development without the need for input from a human engineer.
- In essence, AutoML’s strategy of using neural networks to design other neural networks is familiar; making programs to edit the code of other programs is the definition of machine learning.
- In a blog post about the project, Google CEO Sundar Pichai said that, “We hope AutoML will take an ability that a few Ph.D.s have today and will make it possible in three to five years for hundreds of thousands of developers to design new neural nets for their particular needs.”
- In theory, the AutoML approach should be able to design more efficient neural nets, if only for simple problems right now, but in being more efficient those A.I. creations could also be more inscrutable to humans.
- The sheer difficulty of coding neural networks is becoming a problem for an industry that runs on abundant talent; AutoML is a bid to lower the bar to entry for the coming generation of prospective machine learning students, at least for the simplest and most common applications.
Google’s latest machine learning breakthrough seems like it could push humans out of A.I. development. Google thinks it could save them.
Continue reading “Google Reveals Automatic Machine Learning: A.I. Can Create Itself”
- Sundar Pichai at the company’s annual developer conference in Mountain View, experts are in short supply as companies in many industries rush to take advantage of recent strides in the power of artificial intelligence.
- At Google’s annual developer conference today, Pichai introduced a project called AutoML coming out of the company’s Google Brain artificial intelligence research group.
- The company is trying to lure new customers in the corporate cloud computing market, where it lags leader Amazon and second-place Microsoft (see “Google Reveals Powerful New AI Chip and is targeted at making it easier to use a technique called deep learning, which Google and others use to power speech and image recognition, translation, and robotics (see “10 Breakthrough Technologies 2013: Deep Learning”).
- “We do it by intuition,” says Quoc Le, a machine-learning researcher at Google working on the AutoML project.Last month, Le and fellow researcher Barret Zoph presented results from experiments in which they tasked a machine-learning system with figuring out the best architecture to use to have software learn to solve language and image-recognition tasks.On the image task, their system rivaled the best architectures designed by human experts.
- But like many ideas in the field of artificial intelligence, the power of deep learning is allowing new progress.
AI software that can help make AI software could accelerate progress on making computers smarter.
Continue reading “Why Google’s CEO Is Excited About Automating Artificial Intelligence”
- A carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand the various aspects of what machine learning, and skills necessary for a career in the field.
- This book covering machine learning is written by Shai Shalev-Shwartz and Shai Ben-David.
- This introductory text on Bayesian machine learning is one of the most well-known on the topic as far as I am aware, and happens to have a free online version available.
- This is the soon-to-be-released-in-print deep learning book by Goodfellow, Bengio and Courville, which has a freely-available final draft copy on its official website.
- I wish you well on your quest to learn more about machine learning from free ebooks.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand the various aspects of what machine learning, and skills necessary for a career in the field.
Continue reading “5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Machine Learning Career”
- It wants to wield influence in the wider AI ecosystem, and to do so has put together an impressive stack of machine learning tools — from software to servers — that mean you can build an AI product from the ground up without ever leaving the Google playpen.
- The heart of this offering is Google’s machine learning software TensorFlow.
- They attract talent to Google and help make the company’s in-house software the standard for machine learning.
- “There are technical differences between [different AI frameworks], but machine learning communities live off community support and forums, and in that regard Google is winning,” he tells The Verge.
- Yesterday, for example, Google announced that Android now has a staggering two billion monthly active users, and to keep the software’s edge, the company is honing it with machine learning.
Google has always used its annual I/O conference to connect to developers in its sprawling empire. It announces new tools and initiatives, sprinkles in a little hype, and then tells those watching:…
Continue reading “Google’s latest platform play is artificial intelligence, and it’s already winning”
- Machine learning is one of the fastest growing areas of computer science, with far-reaching applications.
- The aim of this textbook is to introduce machine learning, and the algorithmic paradigms it offers, in a principled way.
- The book provides an extensive theoretical account of the fundamental ideas underlying machine learning and the mathematical derivations that transform these principles into practical algorithms.
- These include a discussion of the computational complexity of learning and the concepts of convexity and stability; important algorithmic paradigms including stochastic gradient descent, neural networks, and structured output learning; and emerging theoretical concepts such as the PAC-Bayes approach and compression-based bounds.
- Designed for an advanced undergraduate or beginning graduate course, the text makes the fundamentals and algorithms of machine learning accessible to students and non-expert readers in statistics, computer science, mathematics, and engineering.
Here are three eBooks available for free.
Edited by Abdelhamid Mellouk and Abdennacer Chebira
Machine Learning can be defined in various ways…
Continue reading “Free Machine Learning eBooks”
- If you are a digital marketer and you don’t understand what machine learning is, it’s high time to learn about this amazing digital technology.
- Just as artificial intelligence, social automation and DIY tools, programmatic buying, and other latest technologies have revolutionized different aspects of marketing world, machine learning is changing the whole process of marketing – from how marketers handle simple tasks to how they create marketing campaigns and create brand stories.
- Machine learning is an advanced tool that could improve things because of its efficiency and ability to handle complex tasks.
- Data is the most critical aspect of any digital marketing strategy, and machine learning can effectively dovetail complex data.
- Machine learning is not a new tool; it’s something that has advanced over time and recently gained significant new strengths and potential.
If you are a digital marketer and you don’t understand what machine learning is, it’s high time to learn about this amazing digital technology.
Continue reading “Incorporating Machine Learning Into Your Digital Marketing Plan”
- Machine learning is the science of getting computers to act without being explicitly programmed.
- In the past decade, machine learning has given us self-driving cars, practical speech recognition, effective web search, and a vastly improved understanding of the human genome.
- From our friends at R2D3 is a very interesting visual introduction to machine learning.
Machine learning is the science of getting computers to act without being explicitly programmed. In the past decade, machine learning has given us self-driving…
Continue reading “A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning”