- While the merits of providing everyone with a minimum income have been debated for many years, the practicality of the government providing it to the people has been non-existent at least until recently.
- This is because the many services that government provides already, including welfare, healthcare, and the like are taking up so much in terms of money that simply providing every person with a minimum income seems like a simpler solution.
- What was once limited to science fiction, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has now become a part of the internet in helping businesses grow.
- For those in the low-income bracket, the future looks bright thanks to the many avenues available to help people make money through Microsoft, Google, Tesla, and other companies dedicated to providing economic access to the power.
- Big online companies such as Google and Microsoft for example can use their considerable pull to provide the following;
While the idea of a secure, minimum income has been around for several decades, it may come true thanks to the internet and the ability of large online companies to provide opportunities for millions of people who otherwise would be limited in how they could earn a living.
How Can We Guarantee a Secure Minimum Income for Everyone? How can it be achieved without damaging the fabric of society?Explore the answers in my article.
Continue reading “The Role of Artificial Intelligence in Growing Business”
- Tencent, the company behind China’s largest social network and the world’s biggest online games business, always gets props for its products—but not necessarily for its cutting-edge tech.
- It will be run by former Microsoft principal researcher Yu Dong, who announced he was joining Tencent at an artificial intelligence conference in March.
- Mr. Yu is a leading speech recognition expert who spent nearly two decades at Microsoft.
Tencent, the company behind China’s largest social network and the world’s biggest online games business, always gets props for its products—but not necessarily for its cutting-edge tech. Now the juggernaut is taking steps to change that perception with a big push into AI.The owner of the WeChat …
Continue reading “Tencent Finally Makes a Big Bet on Artificial Intelligence — The Information”
- Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence , whose motto is “AI for the common good.”
- New $27 million fund backs research into artificial intelligence for the public interest
- Amazon gives out 5,000 bananas a day in Seattle
- The fund’s backers said they would collaborate with existing AI research efforts, including an “AI Now” symposium scheduled for July 10 at MIT Media Lab.
- Amazon falls behind Disney, but beats Netflix, in study ranking millennials’ intimacy with brands
LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman and Omidyar Network are anchoring a newly formed $27 million fund to support research into the social impacts of AI.
Continue reading “New $27 million fund backs research into artificial intelligence for the public interest”
- Microsoft is bringing the features to Windows IoT Core that you’d need for a Cortana-powered speaker.
- Windows IoT Core can sometimes lag a little behind Windows 10 PC releases so it’s not clear when the IoT version will roll out.
- Microsoft hopes to see the first Cortana-powered IoT devices roll out in late 2017 around the back-to-school or holiday shopping seasons.
- Microsoft doesn’t appear to have any interest in making its own smart speaker.
- If Microsoft and its device partners hit that target we could see Cortana-powered devices show up as early as Computex 2017 next May.
Cortana is coming to your coffee maker courtesy of Windows IoT Core and the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Continue reading “Cortana’s coming to robots and smart devices via Windows 10 for the Internet of Things”
- Most brands are smarter than Microsoft to publicly release their bots before all the kinks are worked out, but this shows that brands are pushing to use this new technology.
- Chatbots, better known as bots , are computer programs that conduct a conversation with auditory and/or textual methods.
- Bots that operate with rules have limited capabilities and can only respond to specific commands, meaning if you venture into a topic outside the guidelines they won’t know how to respond.
- As Bots allow consumers to instantly interact with the world around them through conversation, the day will soon come when people will want to engage with a brand’s bot.
- Jeff Lesser, Twitter’s Head of Social Customer Service, at the recent Corporate Social Media Summit New York said that customer service is the top reason why people follow brands on Twitter.
Continue reading “Are Robots the Future of Customer Engagement?”
- Amazon Rekognition Is An Image Recognition Service By Amazon
- According to Amazon’s CTO Werner Vogels, “Amazon Rekognition democratizes the application of deep learning technique for detecting objects, scenes, concepts, and faces in your images, comparing faces between two images, and performing search functionality across millions of facial feature vectors that your business can store with Amazon Rekognition.”
- Now it seems that Amazon wants in as well as they have announced Amazon Rekognition .
- As to who might be taking advantage of Amazon’s Rekognition service remains to be seen, as well as the various applications that it might be used for.
- 2016-11-28 Amazon To Start Cracking Down Harder On Counterfeit Products
One of the basic features of artificial intelligence (AI) is the ability to recognize images and process them. Companies like Microsoft and Google…
Continue reading “Amazon Rekognition Is An Image Recognition Service By Amazon”
- Stephen Hawking says artificial intelligence could be humanity’s greatest disaster
- Stephen Hawking says artificial intelligence could be humanity’s greatest disaster Play!
- Professor Hawking has been one of the most high-profile sceptics about AI.
- H is comments come amid breakthroughs in artificial intelligence that are being achieved faster than many predicted.
- We do not know which,” the British physicist said.
The invention of artificial intelligence could be the biggest disaster in humanity’
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking says artificial intelligence could be humanity’s greatest disaster”