- Microsoft is bringing the features to Windows IoT Core that you’d need for a Cortana-powered speaker.
- Windows IoT Core can sometimes lag a little behind Windows 10 PC releases so it’s not clear when the IoT version will roll out.
- Microsoft hopes to see the first Cortana-powered IoT devices roll out in late 2017 around the back-to-school or holiday shopping seasons.
- Microsoft doesn’t appear to have any interest in making its own smart speaker.
- If Microsoft and its device partners hit that target we could see Cortana-powered devices show up as early as Computex 2017 next May.
Cortana is coming to your coffee maker courtesy of Windows IoT Core and the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Continue reading “Cortana’s coming to robots and smart devices via Windows 10 for the Internet of Things”