- Biometrics is defined as the science of establishing the identity of an individual based on physical, chemical or behavioural attributes of the person.
- To discuss these issues, please join a new meetup group in London Behavioural Biometrics IoT and AI – – While Physical Biometric techniques (like fingerprint recognition, IRIS scans etc) are well established, Behavioural biometrics systems are still emerging.
- According to the IBIA White paper, Behavioural biometrics provides a new generation of user security solutions that identify individuals based on the unique way they interact with computer devices like smartphones, tablets or mouse-screen-and-keyboard.
- The authors also present a generalized algorithm for implementing behavioural biometric with the following steps: – – So, with this background, what is the relationship between Behavioural biometrics, IoT and AI?
- To discuss these issues, please join a new meetup group in London Behavioural Biometrics IoT and AI – – Ajit Jaokar conducts a course at Oxford University on Data Science for Internet of Things.
Biometrics is defined as the science of establishing the identity of an individual based on physical, chemical or behavioural attributes of the per…
Continue reading “Behavioural Biometrics, IoT and AI”
- China has laid out plans to become the world leader in artificial intelligence (AI) by 2030, with the aim of making the industry worth 1 trillion yuan ($147.7 billion).
- The State Council released its three-step roadmap on Thursday outlining the thinking behind how it expects AI to be developed and deployed in areas from the military to city planning.
- “Artificial intelligence has become a new engine of economic development,” the State Council’s document said according to a translation.
China’s three step program outlines its aim to use AI in a number of areas from the military to smart cities.
Continue reading “China wants to be a $150 billion world leader in AI in less than 15 years”
- Aman is working on leveraging the latest developments in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data science for marketing and sales platforms.
- On this podcast, episode 150, Aman and I discuss how AI functions in account-based marketing (ABM).
- Demandbase found that among 500 B2B marketing executives 80% believe that AI will completely change B2B marketing in the next five years.
- Aman suggests allowing AI to access the available unstructured data via the Internet, noting that it is the new source of truth.
- Listen to the full episode to hear Chris’ prediction of when AI will become mainstream in B2B marketing.
Aman Naimat and Chris Golec from Demandbase discuss the evolving role of Artificial Intelligence in B2B marketing.
Continue reading “The Role of AI in Account Based Marketing”
- Matthew Hughes is a reporter from Liverpool.
- It has announced that its computer vision API will soon be free for educational institutions.
- In addition to free access, these academic accounts also give access to new, unreleased features of the CloudSight service.
- It’s able to tag, recognize, and describe objects in an impressive amount of detail.
- Matthew Hughes is a journalist from Liverpool, England.
Cloudsight’s computer vision model can look at a photo and describe it in detail.
Continue reading “Cloudsight is letting universities and schools use its computer vision API for free”
- The IBM company will work to help students, workers and citizens acquire the skills and knowledge to engage safely, securely and effectively in a relationship with cognitive systems, and to perform the new kinds of work and jobs that will emerge in a cognitive economy.”
- Having Ginni post those principles will help the overall understanding about the New Era.
- I wholeheartedly agree that this new technology will require much learning ahead, and IBM is wise to recognize that this is needed for the future and present generations in order for them to embrace it without fear.
- Many new technologies have triggered a fear of the unknown, and a large body of science fiction has exacerbated some views.
- New technologies generates some initial concerns.
Continue reading “Transparency and Trust in the Cognitive Era”
- SHOW ALL SECTIONS HIDE ALL SECTIONS
- DOW JONES, A NEWS CORP COMPANY
- Get the Wall Street Journal $12 for 12 weeks.
- Copyright 2014 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services.
Spending on AI technologies by companies is expected to grow to $47 billion in 2020 from a projected $8 billion in 2016, according to market-research firm International Data Corp.
Continue reading “The Morning Download: Spending on Artificial Intelligence Set to Explode”
- The opportunities are just some of the reasons why the Chartered Insurance Institute is delighted to support this research into the challenges facing the insurance community as it looks to ensure it remains relevant to the changing needs of a changing society.
- The brave new world is right now, and throwing up opportunities for insurance to demonstrate its value to customers – in both personal and commercial lines – embracing on-demand, lifestyle solutions and new emerging risks.
- And an opportunity to be more transparent with customers to explain how insurance works – both key to improving customer trust in the insurance profession.
- Insurance companies need to show increased readiness to partner with challengers in order to accelerate their own digital transformation.
- Our survey finds an industry with a growing appetite for innovation and a window of opportunity in which to leverage data flows from the Internet of Things combined with the power of artificial intelligence and the security of blockchain to deliver its own game-changing disruption.
Continue reading “The Future of General Insurance Report 2016”