- The machine learning convention has been to create a training set, a validation set and a test set.
- Although Deep Learning is built from software it is a different kind of software and a different kind of methodology is needed.
- The observations that differs from conventional machine learning is that Deep Learning has more flexibility in that a developer has the additional options of employing either a bigger model or using more data.
- The methodology addresses the necessary interplay of the need for more training data and the exploration of alternative Deep Learning patterns that drive the discovery of an effective architecture.
- Deep Learning differs most from traditional software development in that a substantial portion of the process involves the machine learning how to achieve objectives.
The practice of software development has created development methodologies such agile development and lean methodology to tackle the…
Continue reading “A Development Methodology for Deep Learning – Medium”