- The recent advances in deep learning have all been about supervised learning on very large data sets which are ‘weakly structured’, such as images or sequence data.
- My own work is much more focused on unsupervised learning, multiview learning, and making methods data efficient.
- The widespread success of deep learning in a variety of domains is being hailed as a new revolution in artificial intelligence.
- Democratising Deep Learning: Q&A With Prof. Neil Lawrence
- Neil Lawrence will be speaking at the Deep Learning Summit in London on 22-23 September – this year’s event with also feature breakout sessions on Chatbots and FinTech .
The widespread success of deep learning in a variety of domains is being hailed as a new revolution in artificial intelligence. It has taken 20 years to go from defeating Kasparov at Chess to Lee Sedol at Go, but what have the real advances been across this time? Professor Neil Lawrence explores recent advancements in deep learning and the future of the field.
Continue reading “RE•WORK”