- The opportunities are just some of the reasons why the Chartered Insurance Institute is delighted to support this research into the challenges facing the insurance community as it looks to ensure it remains relevant to the changing needs of a changing society.
- The brave new world is right now, and throwing up opportunities for insurance to demonstrate its value to customers – in both personal and commercial lines – embracing on-demand, lifestyle solutions and new emerging risks.
- And an opportunity to be more transparent with customers to explain how insurance works – both key to improving customer trust in the insurance profession.
- Insurance companies need to show increased readiness to partner with challengers in order to accelerate their own digital transformation.
- Our survey finds an industry with a growing appetite for innovation and a window of opportunity in which to leverage data flows from the Internet of Things combined with the power of artificial intelligence and the security of blockchain to deliver its own game-changing disruption.
- Most brands are smarter than Microsoft to publicly release their bots before all the kinks are worked out, but this shows that brands are pushing to use this new technology.
- Chatbots, better known as bots , are computer programs that conduct a conversation with auditory and/or textual methods.
- Bots that operate with rules have limited capabilities and can only respond to specific commands, meaning if you venture into a topic outside the guidelines they won’t know how to respond.
- As Bots allow consumers to instantly interact with the world around them through conversation, the day will soon come when people will want to engage with a brand’s bot.
- Jeff Lesser, Twitter’s Head of Social Customer Service, at the recent Corporate Social Media Summit New York said that customer service is the top reason why people follow brands on Twitter.
Continue reading “Are Robots the Future of Customer Engagement?”
- DeepMind is using dreams in a parallel fashion, accelerating the rate at which an AI learns by focusing on the negative or challenging content of a situation within a game.
- A snapshot of the method published by the DeepMind researchers to enable AI “dreams”.
- You might ask why AI “dreams” are necessary given that robots can already dominate humans in most games such as Chess and Go.
- Google’s DeepMind AI gives robots the ability to dream
- One of the primary discoveries scientists made when seeking to understand the role of dreams from a neuroscientific perspective was that the content of dreams is primarily negative or threatening.
Thanks to Google’s DeepMind AI, Robots can now dream, significantly increasing the speed at which they can learn and ultimately …
Continue reading “Google’s DeepMind AI gives robots the ability to dream”
- Google, who developed DeepMind, recently bolstered their AI solution to make it learn new tricks faster.
- Artificial intelligence capable of teaching itself new things can be seen as a troublesome development.
- Google’s DeepMind AI Is Now Capable Of Self-Teaching New Things
- Increasing the performance of this AI solution is of the utmost importance, even though its track record speaks for itself.
- One of the primary selling points of artificial intelligence is how this technology can learn over time.
One of the primary selling points of artificial intelligence is how this technology can learn over time. Google, who developed DeepMind, recently bolstered their AI solution to make it learn new tricks faster. According to tests, DeepMind is now capable of learning close to 87% of expert human performance in games. This is an exciting development, although its real life use cases remain to be determined.
Continue reading “Google’s DeepMind AI Is Now Capable Of Self-Teaching New Things – The Merkle”
- Global Fishing Watch combines cloud computing technology with satellite data to provide the world’s first global view of commercial fishing activities.
- Today, Global Fishing Watch is an early preview of what is possible.
- Indonesia’s Minister of Fisheries and Marine Affairs, Susi Pudjiastuti, has committed to making the government’s Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) public in Global Fishing Watch in 2017.
- Global Fishing Watch was not possible five years ago.
- Bali Seafood, the largest exporter of snapper from Indonesia, has teamed up with Pelagic Data Systems, manufacturers of cellular and solar powered tracking devices to bring the same transparency for small scale and artisanal fishing vessels, into Global Fishing Watch as part of a pilot program.
Global Fishing Watch is a free, simple, online platform that gives anyone, anywhere, a way to to visualize, track, and share information about fishing activity worldwide.
Continue reading “Mapping global fishing activity with machine learning”
- Artificial intelligence takes to the skies with Project Loon
- Project Loon has been using basic pre-crafted algorithms to help change the altitude of the balloons and keep them in roughly the same position.
- An AI-powered Project Loon balloon remained over Peru for 98 days.
- The X Lab team behind the project has revealed that it is making use of artificial intelligence technology, or machine learning to be more specific, to help keep the balloons in the air for longer.
- The new AI-based upgrade is designed to keep the balloons up in the air longer and leaving them able to providing internet access to users below more consistently.
Google’s wacky sounding Project Loon continues to evolve, and has recently been updated with a new artificial intelligence navigation system.
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence takes to the skies with Project Loon”
- Design Graph can save valuable time, eliminate redundant work and reduce costly errors.”
- With Design Graph, the computer uses its own observations about the 3D geometry contained in every 3D model.
- Design Graph is a powerful new machine learning system that uses algorithms to extract large amounts of rich 3D design data.
- 2D models 3D CAD files 3D designs 3d models A360 A360 Android A360 Customer Spotlight A360 customer story A360 Drive A360 features A360 how-to A360 hub A360 mobile A360 project A360 Rendering A360 resources A360 Team A360 Viewer A360 web AEC Android Architects Architecture AutoCAD Autodesk BIM CAD CAD file CAD files CAD mobile CAD professionals CAD viewer collaborate Collaboration Commenting DWF DWG Engineering fusion 360 Inventor Markup Revit Share Viewer viewing
- “We created Design Graph to enable designers to focus more on solving design problems rather than the mechanics of representing their design,” said Mike Haley, Sr. Director of Machine Intelligence at Autodesk. “
Read the full article, click here.
@autodesk: “Design graph gives you Google-like search functionality for 3D models:”
Jet engines, lifelike movie monsters, cancer-fighting nanorobots and bespoke products. We live in a world where the objects all around us are designed by someone, and at the same time we are experiencing the biggest change in how we make things since the industrial revolution.
Introducing Design Graph: How machine learning will transform 3D engineering