- Global Fishing Watch combines cloud computing technology with satellite data to provide the world’s first global view of commercial fishing activities.
- Today, Global Fishing Watch is an early preview of what is possible.
- Indonesia’s Minister of Fisheries and Marine Affairs, Susi Pudjiastuti, has committed to making the government’s Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) public in Global Fishing Watch in 2017.
- Global Fishing Watch was not possible five years ago.
- Bali Seafood, the largest exporter of snapper from Indonesia, has teamed up with Pelagic Data Systems, manufacturers of cellular and solar powered tracking devices to bring the same transparency for small scale and artisanal fishing vessels, into Global Fishing Watch as part of a pilot program.
Global Fishing Watch is a free, simple, online platform that gives anyone, anywhere, a way to to visualize, track, and share information about fishing activity worldwide.
Continue reading “Mapping global fishing activity with machine learning”
- Artificial intelligence takes to the skies with Project Loon
- Project Loon has been using basic pre-crafted algorithms to help change the altitude of the balloons and keep them in roughly the same position.
- An AI-powered Project Loon balloon remained over Peru for 98 days.
- The X Lab team behind the project has revealed that it is making use of artificial intelligence technology, or machine learning to be more specific, to help keep the balloons in the air for longer.
- The new AI-based upgrade is designed to keep the balloons up in the air longer and leaving them able to providing internet access to users below more consistently.
Google’s wacky sounding Project Loon continues to evolve, and has recently been updated with a new artificial intelligence navigation system.
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence takes to the skies with Project Loon”
- Design Graph can save valuable time, eliminate redundant work and reduce costly errors.”
- With Design Graph, the computer uses its own observations about the 3D geometry contained in every 3D model.
- Design Graph is a powerful new machine learning system that uses algorithms to extract large amounts of rich 3D design data.
- 2D models 3D CAD files 3D designs 3d models A360 A360 Android A360 Customer Spotlight A360 customer story A360 Drive A360 features A360 how-to A360 hub A360 mobile A360 project A360 Rendering A360 resources A360 Team A360 Viewer A360 web AEC Android Architects Architecture AutoCAD Autodesk BIM CAD CAD file CAD files CAD mobile CAD professionals CAD viewer collaborate Collaboration Commenting DWF DWG Engineering fusion 360 Inventor Markup Revit Share Viewer viewing
- “We created Design Graph to enable designers to focus more on solving design problems rather than the mechanics of representing their design,” said Mike Haley, Sr. Director of Machine Intelligence at Autodesk. “
Read the full article, click here.
@autodesk: “Design graph gives you Google-like search functionality for 3D models:”
Jet engines, lifelike movie monsters, cancer-fighting nanorobots and bespoke products. We live in a world where the objects all around us are designed by someone, and at the same time we are experiencing the biggest change in how we make things since the industrial revolution.
Introducing Design Graph: How machine learning will transform 3D engineering