- In late April, the two computer science majors built a Facebook Messenger bot that, when fed a link, will tell you whether the article in question is or isn’t “fake news.”
- Bhat, who has built civic tech tools before in his spare time, thought that perhaps they could use machine learning to build a bot that would help put articles people find on Facebook in context.
- To teach the algorithm to recognize right-leaning content they fed it thousands of articles from Breitbart, a hyperconservative news website.
- NewsBot has also begun offering short news summaries of top articles.
- Right now you can mark an article as fake news from a small drop down at the top, but if you’re a user just scrolling, the feed hasn’t really changed in any way.
This could change how you read the news.
Continue reading “2 college students built a tool to fight fake news on Facebook using artificial intelligence”