As customers become accustomed to AI-powered solutions, they’ll expect the same from their local businesses.
Continue reading “Why Small Business Should Be Paying Attention to Artificial Intelligence”
- Google I/O is ostensibly about the future of Android, but that changed in 2016 when CEO Sundar Pichai put the AI-powered Google Assistant and machine learning at the forefront, a trend that continued at this year’s show.
- Google unveiled new tools to make interactions like purchases seamless, opening the door for the Assistant to become a money-making platform for developers.
- It started when the Google Assistant debuted in the less-than-popular chat app Allo, which launched simultaneously on iPhone and Android.
- Now that developers can write Actions for the Assistant, it effectively turns the iPhone into an extension of Google’s existing platforms.
- Rather, Google is pushing hard to turn Android developers into Google Assistant developers, Google Home Actions developers and web developers using the latest tools available in Chrome.
As Google puts its machine learning at the forefront, Android is just another platform.
Continue reading “At I/O, Android Takes Backseat to Machine Learning”
- By now, many of us have heard about or might even own one of the popular, sleek multi-functional voice-first devices, such as the Amazon Echo, also known as “Alexa”, the name used when waking the device to give a verbal command.
- This joke is terrible for many reasons, not the least of which is that I ended up anthropomorphized a digital device, which may be one of the biggest issues with this devices.
- Related: There’s No Doubt That Amazon Alexa Is the Next Big Thing
First, according to Voice Labs Voice Report for 2017, 6.5 million voice-first devices — defined as an always-on piece of hardware utilizing artificial intelligence (AI) with primarily a voice interface, both for input and output — were shipped in 2016.
- Here are predictions for the strategies of just the big players:
Related: Top 10 Best Chatbot Platform Tools to Build Chatbots for Your Business
The crazy thing is that even with the potential for 24 million devices to be in our homes soon, the potential impact still remains remarkably unclear.
- Related: How to Create a Facebook Messenger Chatbot For Free Without Coding
One thing is for certain, the popularity of these devices is certain to grow.
Millions of households are welcoming these new voice-first home assistant devices into and as part of their families — even with all the uncertainties and unintended consequences.
Continue reading “Time to Accept Artificial Intelligence as Part of the Family?”