- To help solve this problem, researchers at Salesforce have developed an algorithm that uses machine learning to produce “surprisingly coherent and accurate” summaries according to MIT Technology Review.
- To that end, Salesforce is turning to machine learning to find ways to summarize longer blocks of texts, which it could eventually incorporate into its products.
- Together, the two advances allow researchers to automatically create summaries of longer texts that are accurate and readable.
- Salesforce’s approach uses two teaching methods: teacher forced and reinforcement learning
The other breakthrough concerns how the researchers train the system to learn and improve itself.
- The results are pretty astonishing: the researchers provided several examples, showing the original article, a human-generated summary, and a summary generated by their own model, and in each case, the summaries are considerably shorter than the original text, but contain the essentials in a readable form.
This year, people are expected to spend more than half their day reading e-mail, articles, or posts on social media, and it’s only going to get worse. To help solve this problem, researchers at…
Continue reading “Salesforce created an algorithm that automatically summarizes text using machine learning”