- The rise of artificial intelligence (AI) raises not only technical questions but also ethical and philosophical ones.
- With more-powerful tech such as nuclear weapons, synthetic biology, or superhuman AI in particular, we don’t want to learn from mistakes.
- If today’s fairly low-tech smartphones can persuade their owners to stare at them for a large fraction of the day, a superhuman AI could really hack our human reward system.
- There are many tough open questions that we still need to answer if we’re going to reap the benefits of AI while avoiding problems.
- I’m cautiously optimistic that we can create an awesome future with AI if we win this race between the growing power of the technology and the growing wisdom with which we manage it.
Published quarterly, Profit is distributed to more than 110,000 C-level executives and provides business leaders with a road map on turning their technology investments into top and bottom line advantages. Profit Online is the Web version of the magazine, delivering expanded, exlusive content that illuminates the business impact of technology and provides industry and line-of-business intelligence for your specific challenges.
Continue reading “Intelligent Choices”