- When Unanimous AI developed UNU in 2015, the goal was to create artificial intelligence (AI) systems that “keep people in the loop,” amplifying human intelligence instead of replacing it.
- Unanimous AI’s March Madness bracket was able to beat all but three percent of ESPN brackets across the country on the first day of the tournament.
- The technology makes use of the collective intelligence of people — combining “knowledge, insights, and intuitions,” as Unanimous AI puts it — to develop a kind of artificial intelligence that’s inherently human.
- As Unanimous AI explains, “We empower people to act as ‘data processors’ that come together online and form an intelligent system, connected by AI algorithms.
- One day, perhaps we’ll be able to combine the intelligence of Watson with that of a swarm of medical professionals to improve healthcare, or combine the insights of an investment-making AI with a swarm of finance experts.
The collective intelligence is killing it on ESPN.
Continue reading “March Madness: A Swarm Intelligence Is Predicting the Future”
- A more seamless and automated experience is what almost every Silicon Valley company has attempted to produce over the last number of years, but a new company self-proclaimed as Xix.ai thinks they can eliminate wasted time on your mobile device better than anyone else using a technology they like to call a ‘Recurrent Neural Network’.
- The company says it wants to use embedded deep links to automate your processes that would normally take a number of actions, and can make almost everything you do on your device that much more seamless and integrated.
- It started with dedicated apps that took information about your usage process while providing a service in return, and eventually created an Android launcher to help express the benefits of the technology.
- One of the early apps logged what you were doing and in return restricted access to certain apps at various selected times, which was useful for those looking to stay productive while helping the AI to learn what people do and in what order, which eventually transformed into an Android launcher that had the neural network built in, and would ask users how they were feeling in order to show suggested apps.
- It isn’t sure exactly where the final home of the technology will reside, whether it be in an Android launcher or a whole separate fork of Android all together, but they are quite confident that they will find an investor interested in their technology.
Xix.ai is a self-proclaimed ‘Recurrent Neural Network’ platform which aims to help people save wasted time on their phones by automating various processes.
Continue reading “Xix.ai wants to save you wasted time on your Android phone”
- An AI can use Google Street View to help you decide where to move
- He plots 10,000 randomized points throughout a city, and grabs images taken by Google Street View.
- The idea of extracting information from Google Street View was inspired by MIT Media Lab’s StreetScore project, Keskkula writes, where machine learning was used to rank the safety of 3,000 streets in New York and Boston.
- Now one Estonia-based startup, Teleport , is using this idea, coupled with images from Google Street View, to automatically look around cities and see if people will like them based on their lifestyle preferences.
- Keskkula’s example focuses on motorcycles: He owns two and is interested in a city that welcomes them.
Machine learning is at its best when there’s way too much information for any human to comb through manually, like making high-volume stock trades or surfacing the best posts from hundreds of friends on Facebook. Now one Estonia-based startup, Teleport, is using this idea, coupled with images from Google Street View, to automatically look around cities and see if people will…
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence can look at Google Street View to help you decide where to move — Quartz”
- Tech giant seeking to bring, keep digital jobs in Africa
- In South Africa, IBM already is working with phone carrier Vodacom Group Ltd. , he said.
- The company has partnered with the United Nations in extending the initiative throughout Africa.
- Africa to have world’s largest workforce by 2040, IBM projects
- The move may help bring and keep digital jobs in Africa instead of losing them to India, said Hamilton Ratshefola, IBM’s country manager for South Africa.
International Business Machines Corp. is ramping up its digital-skills training program to accommodate as many as 25 million Africans in the next five years, looking toward building a future workforce on the continent.
Continue reading “IBM to Train 25 Million Africans for Free to Build Workforce”
- This year’s research report is all about technology for people.
- The five IT trends and innovations in the 2017 Technology Vision will empower people to invent and achieve more in the era of the intelligent enterprise.
- There is already a separate, active account tied to your profile.
- STRATEGY CONSULTING DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS INDUSTRIES TRENDING NOW CAREERS
- But no longer are we waiting and wondering how the latest digital technology innovations will change things; rather, we’re taking control and shaping technology to fit our needs, large and small.
The 2017 Accenture Technology Vision report showcases the top five tech trends and innovations essential to business success in the digital economy.
Continue reading “Technology Trends 2017 – Accenture Tech Vision”
- According to Accenture, AI will define future customer experience .
- “The power of AI is the power to make better decisions.
- Reese shared a historical example of AI and whether AI should be used to make decision.
- If AI has the power to make better decisions, then any business that has to make decisions, will be able to make more informed and fast decisions.
- Reese notes that AI in business is really heating up.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the new UI, according to Accenture’s Technology Vision 2017 report, identifying trends that are essential to business suc…
Continue reading “The Power of Artificial Intelligence is to Make Better Decisions”
- Success is being in charge of your lifestyle and creating something you’re proud of, surrounded by people you love.
- More Options
- Quote of the Day
- Troye Sivan
Tips to get your money in shape, from experts who know the field.
Continue reading “Financially Fit”