- Every development in AI is portrayed as the forerunner to Skynet from the Terminator movies, or something from Blade Runner, Westworld or another vision of a future ruled by robot overlords.
- Paypal founder and billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk joined in, warning that AI represented the greatest threat to mankind.
- Sadly, we’re probably going to have to get used to this for a few years yet, until AI becomes more mainstream, creates as many jobs as it eliminates, and starts to deliver huge benefits to businesses and society – much like new technologies have for the last 50 years.
- We are, in many ways, starting into an age where what was once science fiction will become a reality – but just because sci-fi writers realised that dystopian visions sell more books than utopian dreams, we’ve become culturally conditioned to the idea that too much new technology is a bad thing.
- For IT professionals, your job is to understand and explain what AI and other emerging technologies can bring to your business and your customers – and to deliver the enormous potential on offer.
Clearly we are going through the phase in the development of artificial intelligence (AI) technology where rationality and reasoned debate are replaced by science-fiction scaremongering and …
Continue reading “IT leaders’ pragmatism will be the antidote to AI scaremongering”
- If you’re like most people who work with data on a regular basis, you’re probably hearing about data science as a career change option and wondering “Is data science right for me?
- Although I can’t answer those lingering questions for you – I can tell you my experience, as a person who approached data science as a career change.
- In this exclusive premier interview for LinkedIn Learning, I discuss how I transitioned myself from an Environmental Engineer to a Data Scientist.
- There’s a lot covered in this lively 30-minute session; And if you’re considering data science as a career change, watching it should help you get a better idea what to expect, and hopefully a little inspiration to ignite your passion.
- If you liked this video and want to learn more about how to make the transition into data science as a career change, then be sure to check out my LinkedIn Learning / Lyndas training courses here.
If you’re like most people who work with data on a regular basis, you’re probably hearing about data science as a career change option and wondering…
Continue reading “Data Science As A Career Change – My Story as a Video Interview”
As AI technology grows rapidly, Google wants to make sure that it’s accessible and inclusive, developed with people in mind. That’s where the PAIR comes in.
Continue reading “Google announces its plan to make artificial intelligence more ‘human’”
- In Ghulati’s opinion, every part of the chain — from journalists to politicians, platforms to media organizations — needs to improve to combat fake news.
- That’s why Factmata, which is backed by the Google Digital News Initiative, is trying create tools that help people to become their own fact-checkers — making it easy to attain factual data about news stories you come across.
- Meaning that when you open a news article, Factmata’s main tool would provide factual context in real time.
- That means that Factmata’s tool won’t actively weed out fake news.
- However, Ghulati states that fake news can never be solved solely by democratizing fact-checking — it will always need experts to also be a part of the system.
Readers are the key group when it comes to fighting fake news. That’s why a UK startup is creating a system that helps people to fact-check news they read.
Continue reading “Fake news is your fault, this startup is trying to help”
The pace of change in digital technology is accelerating exponentially, particularly in the field of artificial intelligence (AI). All major technology companies are reorganizing around this red-hot sector, and it dominated discussions and presentations at the recent World Economic Forum 2017 in Davos. In this series, I will try to provide an overview of what constitutes AI, how it is already being applied to banking, insurance and capital markets today, and how organizations can craft a value-driven AI strategy.
Continue reading “What is Artificial Intelligence?”
- “I think in the next 30 years, people will only work four hours a day and maybe four days a week,” Ma said Tuesday during a CNBC interview at the Gateway ’17 Conference.
- We work eight hours, five days a week and think we are very busy.”
- The Chinese billionaire also addressed the rise of artificial intelligence, advocating that machines shouldn’t be made to replicate human behavior.
- “I don’t think we should make machines like humans,” Ma said.
- “The third technology revolution may cause the Third World War,” Ma told CNBC.
Alibaba founder Jack Ma thinks artificial intelligence will revolutionize the work week, and make it shorter for humans
Continue reading “Jack Ma: Artificial Intelligence Will Bring a Four-Day Week”
- The founder of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, Jack Ma, is warning artificial intelligence will replace human workers, but it will never replace human wisdom.
- “Artificial intelligence may take a lot of jobs away.
- If small businesses can’t survive, we can’t survive,” said Ma, speaking in Detroit at the Gateway 17 conference for entrepreneurs.
- So I don’t think the machine — the artificial intelligence — is gonna replace the wisdom,” he said.
- During the conference, Ma repeated his prediction last week that Alibaba will be worth more than the world’s fifth-largest economy by 2036, bigger than the economies of France or the United Kingdom.
The founder of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, Jack Ma, is warning artificial intelligence will replace human workers, but it will never replace human wisdom.
Continue reading “Jack Ma warns about dangers of artificial intelligence — RT Business”