- Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence , whose motto is “AI for the common good.”
- New $27 million fund backs research into artificial intelligence for the public interest
- Amazon gives out 5,000 bananas a day in Seattle
- The fund’s backers said they would collaborate with existing AI research efforts, including an “AI Now” symposium scheduled for July 10 at MIT Media Lab.
- Amazon falls behind Disney, but beats Netflix, in study ranking millennials’ intimacy with brands
LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman and Omidyar Network are anchoring a newly formed $27 million fund to support research into the social impacts of AI.
Continue reading “New $27 million fund backs research into artificial intelligence for the public interest”
- Open AI will use thousands of Microsoft’s virtual machines.
- Open AI plans to use “thousands to tens of thousands” of Microsoft’s virtual machines, the nonprofit wrote in a blogpost today.
- Elon Musk has spoken extensively on his fear that artifical intelligence is “potentially more dangerous than nukes” and has described the search for artifical intelligence as “summoning the demon.
- The company wants to use AI to simplify your work conversations.
- Microsoft Azure supports open source technologies, which is a crucial part of Open AI’s mission.
Open AI will use thousands of Microsoft’s virtual machines.
Continue reading “Elon Musk’s nonprofit is working with Microsoft to help make sure robots don’t take over the world”
- Success in creating AI could the biggest event in the history of our civilization.”
- The famed physicist opened an AI research center at Cambridge University on Wednesday, according to the Guardian .
- In January 2015, Hawking, Elon Musk, Bill Gates and dozens of other tech experts penned an open letter warning about the dangers of AI.
- Stephen Hawking Opens AI Research Center to Help Achieve ‘The Biggest Event in the History of Our Civilization’
- And in the future, AI could develop a will of its own–a will that is in conflict with ours.”
It’s the British scientist’s latest venture to make sure artificial intelligence is used for good.
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking Opens AI Research Center to Help Achieve ‘The Biggest Event in the History of Our Civilization’”