- Particularly, I was curious about my Windows Surface Book (GPU: GeForce GT 940) performance of using the GPU vs the CPU.
- When TensorFlow was first released (November 2015) there was no Windows version and I could get decent performance on my Mac Book Pro (GPU: NVidia 650M).
- Read here to see what is currently supported The first thing that I did was create CPU and GPU environment for TensorFlow.
- To create my CPU TensorFlow environment, I used:
To create my CPU TensorFlow environment, I used:
Your TensorFlow code will not change using a single GPU.
- You can switch between environments with:
If you are doing moderate deep learning networks and data sets on your local computer you should probably be using your GPU.
In case you missed it, TensorFlow is now available for Windows, as well as Mac and Linux. This was not always the case. For most of TensorFlow’s first year…
Continue reading “Using TensorFlow in Windows with a GPU”