- Success in creating AI, could be the biggest event in the history of our civilisation.”
- A woman holds up a Prince symbol during the Prince Official Tribute concert at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Stephen Hawking warns over Brexit attitudes towards money
- Hawking explained that in the future, AI could develop a “will of its own” which could be in conflict with the desires of humanity.
- Actress Nicole Kidman attends the ‘Lion’ American Express Gala screening during the 60th BFI London Film Festival at Odeon Leicester Square
Stephen Hawking has warned Artificial Intelligence could be the greatest disaster in human history if it is not properly managed. The world famous physicist said AI could bring serious perils such as powerful autonomous weapons and novel ways for those in power to oppress and control the masses.
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking: Artificial Intelligence could be the greatest disaster in human history as he opens AI research centre”
- Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform for discussion and engagement about AI and its influences on people and society.
- To advance public understanding and awareness of AI and its potential benefits and potential costs to act as a trusted and expert point of contact as questions/concerns arise from the public and others in the area of AI and to regularly update key constituents on the current state of AI progress.
- The engagement of AI users and developers, as well as representatives of industry sectors that may be impacted by AI (such as healthcare, financial services, transportation, commerce, manufacturing, telecommunications, and media) to support best practices in the research, development, and use of AI technology within specific domains.
- In support of the mission to benefit people and society, the Partnership on AI intends to conduct research, organize discussions, share insights, provide thought leadership, consult with relevant third parties, respond to questions from the public and media, and create educational material that advance the understanding of AI technologies including machine perception, learning, and automated reasoning.
- The regular engagement of experts across multiple disciplines (including but not limited to psychology, philosophy, economics, finance, sociology, public policy, and law) to discuss and provide guidance on emerging issues related to the impact of AI on society.
Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform for discussion and engagement about AI and its influences on people and society.
Continue reading “Partnership on Artificial Intelligence to Benefit People and Society”