- How Salesforce Is Bringing AI to the Channel
- While vendors are likely to embrace artificial intelligence capabilities with enthusiasm, it will only be a matter of time before AI technologies start to cut both ways in the channel.
- Channel partners will be able to employ Einstein to instantly identify what combination of products and services will, for example, yield the most profit for them.
- The future of the channel might very well be defined as a contest between competing algorithms.
- Instead of a PRM application, there will inevitably be a vendor relationship management (VRM) application infused with AI capabilities.
A new instance of Salesforce’s PRM software delivered as a service integrates the company’s Einstein AI engine and aims to transform how channels are managed.
Continue reading “How Salesforce Is Bringing AI to the Channel”
- But perhaps for now we are getting ahead of ourselves perhaps we were ascribing and intelligence to our technology which at the moment does not exist.
- Technology and artificial intelligence can and should be seen as means to an end.
- Smart meters, data capturers, programmable devices; it seems as though everywhere we look computers are taking over our lives.
- More importantly, does what they buy provide a genuine solution or satisfy a genuine need or is it simply the best that they can find or afford at the time.
- And maybe our computers can churn out loyalty vouchers and incentives, but they are only responding in a set algorithm to known sets of data.
Smart meters, data capturers, programmable devices; it seems as though everywhere we look computers are taking over our lives.
Continue reading “There’s nothing artificial about intelligence”
- Success in creating AI could the biggest event in the history of our civilization.”
- The famed physicist opened an AI research center at Cambridge University on Wednesday, according to the Guardian .
- In January 2015, Hawking, Elon Musk, Bill Gates and dozens of other tech experts penned an open letter warning about the dangers of AI.
- Stephen Hawking Opens AI Research Center to Help Achieve ‘The Biggest Event in the History of Our Civilization’
- And in the future, AI could develop a will of its own–a will that is in conflict with ours.”
It’s the British scientist’s latest venture to make sure artificial intelligence is used for good.
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking Opens AI Research Center to Help Achieve ‘The Biggest Event in the History of Our Civilization’”
- Silicon Valley Bank survey finds big data, AI will have greatest impact on healthcare industry
- Artificial intelligence and big data are shaping up to have the biggest impact on the healthcare industry, and most of that money will be coming from venture capital funds, according to a new survey of digital health executives and investors.
- Almost half of respondents say big data, followed by artificial intelligence (35 percent) are the most promising technologies in terms of impact on investment.
- Silicon Valley Bank surveyed 122 founders, executives and investors in health technology, asking about the biggest opportunities and threats for the industry in the next year.
- Venture capital will offer the most funding, nearly 62 percent of survey respondents said, with the next closest expected to be corporate ventures.
Artificial intelligence and big data are shaping up to have the biggest impact on the healthcare industry, and most of that money will be coming from venture capital funds, according to a new survey of digital health executives and investors.
Continue reading “Silicon Valley Bank survey finds big data, AI will have greatest impact on healthcare industry”
- South Korean Conglomerate LG Electronics announced that it will heavily invest in robot technology and artificial technology according to a report by Reuters Sunday.
- LG did not elaborate on how much it plans to invest in its push or when it expects to launch robotic products, but the firm said it is exploring a variety of options through the combination of technologies including autonomous driving and artificial intelligence.
- LG, Samsung’s rival, is seeking to take advantage of recent advances in artificial intelligence which have the potential of creating sophisticated machines that can perform mundane everyday human tasks.
- LG Electronics to Heavily Invest Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things (Photo by Jung Yeon Je , Getty Images)
- “We will prepare for the future by aggressively investing in smart home, robots and key components and strengthen the home appliances business’s capabilities,” said Jo Seung-jin, head of LG’s appliances business, in the statement.
South Korean Conglomerate LG Electronics announced that it will heavily invest in robot technology and artificial technology according to a report by Reuters Sunday.
Continue reading “LG Electronics to Heavily Invest on Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things : Tech : koreaportal”
- Google has announced an experimental project in conjunction with Germany’s Zalando that will enable users to create virtual 3D fashion designs.
- Courtesy of a new initiative called Project Muze , the company has turned to machine learning as it explores the potential of algorithms in clothing design.
- Project Muze is debuting at a Berlin trend show called Bread&Butter this week, and those present will be able to participate in the experiment through tablets and on a big screen.
- Google has used machine-learning across myriad products, including Translate and Photos, and with this latest experiment, it’s delving deep into the fashion fraternity to see what comes of it. “
- Created in partnership with U.K.-based digital design studio Stinkdigital, Project Muze constitutes a specially built engine that uses a neural network trained with the design preferences (color, texture, and style) of more than 600 fashion “trendsetters” and features data from the Google Fashion Trend Report , in addition to styles that have trended on Zalando itself.
Google has announced an experimental project in conjunction with Germany’s Zalando that will enable users to create virtual 3D fashion designs.
Continue reading “Google and Zalando launch Project Muze, a machine-learning experiment for 3D fashion design”
- 1:17 PM Snapchat releases a new web tool for making custom geofilters
- 8:00 AM Lytro releases the first footage shot by its VR camera
- 3:17 PM EU could hit Apple with multi-billion-euro tax avoidance bill
- 5:57 AM Lightning strike kills 323 reindeer in Norway
- 3:10 PM PewDiePie is starring in a new game about being a YouTube star
Google DeepMind is launching a project to reduce the time it takes doctors to prepare treatment for head and neck cancers. Alphabet’s London-based artificial intelligence division has partnered… Continue reading “Google DeepMind wants to use machine learning to help treat certain cancers”