- In terms of how this technology might transform the way we live, LeCun said that within the next few years or even decades, “there will be transformative applications” of artificial intelligence visible and accessible to everyone.
- Artificial intelligence “is a very powerful technology,” he said, explaining that while he believes technologies in and of themselves are neutral, “it depends on what you end up using that technology for.
- Artificial intelligence “would be a crucial key technology to facilitate communication between people,” he said, since the company’s main focus “is connecting people and we think that artificial intelligence has a big role to play there.”
- As far as the discussion on artificial intelligence is concerned, Arber said it’s important to understand current developments, which include increasing dialogue as to whether research done on natural sciences can then be applied to the field of machinery and robotics.
- A new conference at the Vatican drew experts in various fields of science and technology for a two-day dialogue on the “Power and Limits of Artificial Intelligence,” hosted by the Pontifical Academy for Sciences.
This week the Vatican hosted a high-level discussion in the world of science, gathering experts to discuss the progress, benefits and limits of advances in artificial intelligence.
Continue reading “Vatican weighs in on power, limits of artificial intelligence :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)”
- Veteran Pilot Loses Simulated Dogfight to Impressive Artificial Intelligence
- Slate is published by The Slate Group, a Graham Holdings Company.
- Future Tense is a partnership of Slate , New America , and Arizona State University .
- Fighter pilots undergo extensive specialized training to be able to outwit opponents in battle, and that professional experience seems like it would be hard, even impossible, to replicate.
- SLATE ON IPAD IPHONE ANDROID KINDLE
Read the full article, click here.
@Slate: “Veteran pilot loses simulated dogfight to impressive artificial intelligence”
We’ve all heard that researchers are currently working to refine self-driving cars and other autonomous vehicles. The revolution is coming. It turns ou …
Veteran Pilot Loses Simulated Dogfight to Impressive Artificial Intelligence