- Meet Canada, the Queen of AIIt’s not often big business, government, non-profits and universities agree on anything, but when it comes to Canada being THE place for AI research and development, everyone is on board, including ROSS Intelligence.The news seemed to arrive all at once, even though Canada has long been at the forefront of technology, from Vancouver’s film studios to Montreal’s world-class animation talent.
- Everyone seemed to come together (a rarity) and as a group, all parties were thinking ahead (another rarity): academia, government, non-profit organizations and businesses all came out in strong support of artificial intelligence research and development.The announcements were made in relatively quick succession: A new federal budget would provide $125 million to improve Canada’s competitive and strategic advantage in AI.
- “Deep learning is the cause of the AI renaissance and Canada was one of the only places that would fund deep learning research,” says Jimoh Ovbiagele, Co-founder and CTO at ROSS Intelligence.
- Image: Kenny LouieAnd although Ovbiagele says American companies hired many of Canada’s deep learning pioneers, offering them large salaries and resources like data (the key ingredient for machine learning) to support their research, Canada is still a leader in the field.
- We will be working with Canadian research institutions, like the University of Toronto, to advance deep learning research and application,” says Ovbiagele.As for companies like Google and Microsoft, their role in advancing AI and technology is absolutely critical.
The news seemed to arrive all at once, even though Canada has long been at the forefront of technology, from Vancouver’s film studios to Montreal’s world-class animation talent. But in the past few…
Continue reading “Meet Canada, the Queen of AI – ROSS’ #LegalTech Corner”