- At the end of Google I/O, the company unveiled a new program to give researchers access to the company’s most advanced machine learning technologies for free.
- The TensorFlow Research Cloud program, as it will be called, will be application based and open to anyone conducting research, rather than just members of academia.
- If accepted, researchers will get access to a cluster of 1,000 Cloud TPUs for training and inference.
- If that level of openness isn’t your cup of tea, Google is also planning to launch a Cloud TPU Alpha program for internal, private sector, work.
- The application for the program isn’t open yet, but Google is directing interested parties to fill out a form indicating interest.
At the end of Google I/O, the company unveiled a new program to give researchers access to the company’s most advanced machine learning technologies for..
Continue reading “Google is giving a cluster of 1,000 Cloud TPUs to researchers for free”
- Our goal is to ensure that the most promising researchers in the world have access to enough compute power to imagine, implement, and publish the next wave of ML breakthroughs.
- We’re setting up a program to accept applications for access to the TensorFlow Research Cloud and will evaluate applications on a rolling basis.
- The program will be highly selective since demand for ML compute is overwhelming, but we specifically encourage individuals with a wide range of backgrounds, affiliations, and interests to apply.
- The program will start small and scale up.
Researchers need enormous computational resources to train the machine learning models that have delivered
recent advances in medical imaging, speech recognition, game playing, and many other domains. The TensorFlow
Research Cloud is a cluster of 1,000 Cloud TPUs that provides the machine learning research community with
a total of 180 petaflops of raw compute power — at no charge — to support the next wave of breakthroughs.
Continue reading “Accelerating open machine learning research with Cloud TPUs”
- At the moment, artificial intelligence lives in the cloud, but Google — and other big tech companies — want it work directly on your devices, too.
- At Google I/O today, the search giant announced a new initiative to help its AI make this leap down to earth: a mobile-optimized version of its machine learning framework named TensorFlowLite.
- The newly announced version, TensorFlowLite, will build on this, helping users slim down their machine learning algorithms to work on-device.
- The company also announced that an API for making machine learning work better with phone chips would be coming sometime in the future — a clear sign that Google thinks your next phone will have an AI-optimized chip in it.
- TensorFlowLite should help Google (and the wider AI research community) bring even more interesting functions like this to our most-used and most-important devices.
At the moment, artificial intelligence lives in the cloud, but Google — and other big tech companies — want it work directly on your devices, too. At Google I/O today, the search giant announced a…
Continue reading “Google’s new machine learning framework is going to put more AI on your phone”
- Scientists at the Oxford University have claimed to develop a new computer software program that can lip-read better than humans, which might give the hearing impaired a helping hand.
- The new artificial intelligence (AI) software system called “Watch, Attend and Spell (WAS)” has been developed by Oxford University in collaboration with Google’s DeepMind.
- The AI system correctly lip-read 50 percent of silent speech, while professional lip-readers got only 12 percent right, researchers found.
- Speaking on the tech’s core value, Jesal Vishnuram, Action on Hearing Loss Technology Research Manager, said: “Action on Hearing Loss welcomes the development of new technology that helps people who are deaf or have a hearing loss to have better access to television through superior real-time subtitling.
- AI lip-reading technology would be able to enhance the accuracy and speed of speech-to-text especially in noisy environments and we encourage further research in this area and look forward to seeing new advances being made.”
Researchers develop an AI software system that lip-reads better Scientists at the Oxford University have claimed to develop a new computer software program
Continue reading “Researchers Build An AI That’s Better At Reading Lips Than Humans » TechWorm”
- Matthew Hughes is a reporter from Liverpool.
- It has announced that its computer vision API will soon be free for educational institutions.
- In addition to free access, these academic accounts also give access to new, unreleased features of the CloudSight service.
- It’s able to tag, recognize, and describe objects in an impressive amount of detail.
- Matthew Hughes is a journalist from Liverpool, England.
Cloudsight’s computer vision model can look at a photo and describe it in detail.
Continue reading “Cloudsight is letting universities and schools use its computer vision API for free”
- Google’s AI Learns How To Code Machine Learning Software
- The Google Brain artificial intelligence research group has created a new machine learning system that can design machine-learning software.
- In their experiment, the researchers challenged their software to create machine learning systems.
- Short Bytes: A team of researchers at Google Brain AI research group has created an AI system that has designed its own machine learning software.
- The software that came up with these designs used the power of 800 GPUs.
A team of researchers at Google Brain AI research group has created an AI system that has designed its own machine learning software. The software that came up with these designs used the power of 800 GPUs
Continue reading “Google’s AI Learns How To Code Machine Learning Software — Bad News For Programmers?”
- AI Software Learns to Make AI Software
- In recent months several other groups have also reported progress on getting learning software to make learning software.
- Now leading researchers are finding that they can make software that can learn to do one of the trickiest parts of their own jobs-the task of designing machine-learning software.
- Google and others think software that learns to learn could take over some work done by AI experts.
- If self-starting AI techniques become practical, they could increase the pace at which machine-learning software is implemented across the economy.
Google and others think software that learns to learn could take over some work done by AI experts.
Continue reading “Google’s AI software is learning to make AI software”