- The Emotional Radio shows the very first ways that AI might make its way into familiar objects whose capabilities can be rethought.
- The Emotional Radio is a good example of the mime problem, wherein something “smart” simply mirrors us instead of becoming a true partner worth talking or interacting with.
- By matching up the two data sets, the radio finds something to play.
- The moods are then cross-referenced with Spotify’s data set about the emotional valence of all the music in its catalog.
- When you come home, you hang up your clothes, look at your radio again.
Do you want music for your mood, or something that counters it? AI needs to figure that out.
Continue reading “This Smart Radio Highlights The Key UX Challenge For Artificial Intelligence”