- By Edward Pollitt on May 29 2017 2:34PM
Dubai has unveiled the world’s first operational ‘RoboCop’ as it moves towards an automated police force.
- “It has a smart intelligent system so it can protect people from crime, because it can broadcast what is happening right away to our command and control centre,” said Brig Al Razooqi, Dubai Police Director General of Smart Services.
- The ‘Dubai Police Robot’ is the first automated acquisition to the Dubai Police Force, which aims to have 25% of the force robotic by 2030.
- “The launch of the world’s first operational Robocop is a significant milestone for the emirate and a step towards realising Dubai’s vision to be a global leader in smart cities technology adoption.
- “We are not going to fire our police officers by replacing them with this tool but with the number of people in Dubai increasing, we want to relocate police officers so they work in the right areas and can concentrate on providing a safe city,” Brig Al Razooqi said.
A quarter of Dubai’s police will be robots by 2030.
Continue reading “RoboCop on the beat”