- For IBM, the purpose of AI will be to aid humans, not replace them. “
- Google uses DeepMind AI to reduce energy use at data centers and save money (TechRepublic)
- We say cognitive, not AI, because we are augmenting intelligence,” Rometty said. “
- Microsoft’s new breakthrough: AI that’s as good as humans at listening…
- You must be clear as you build AI platforms how they are trained, and what data was used in training. “
At the World Economic Forum on Tuesday, IBM CEO Ginni Rometty laid out three principles to guide technologists for responsible AI use as cognitive abilities continue to develop.
Continue reading “3 guiding principles for ethical AI, from IBM CEO Ginni Rometty”
- Success in creating AI could the biggest event in the history of our civilization.”
- The famed physicist opened an AI research center at Cambridge University on Wednesday, according to the Guardian .
- In January 2015, Hawking, Elon Musk, Bill Gates and dozens of other tech experts penned an open letter warning about the dangers of AI.
- Stephen Hawking Opens AI Research Center to Help Achieve ‘The Biggest Event in the History of Our Civilization’
- And in the future, AI could develop a will of its own–a will that is in conflict with ours.”
It’s the British scientist’s latest venture to make sure artificial intelligence is used for good.
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking Opens AI Research Center to Help Achieve ‘The Biggest Event in the History of Our Civilization’”