- While you wouldn’t want an armed Terminator in your home, you might like a robot that travels with you and offers personal protection, like a bodyguard.
- The four US Navy officers I spoke with recently agreed the future would be heavily dominated by robots – and that those robots could likely be made to protect people.
- The age of near-total robot security protection will likely be in less than a decade.
- The robot bodyguard is coming – and you’ll want one
- Even in San Francisco, you can rent out robot guards to protect your businesses and property.
I recently consulted with the US Navy on all things “transhuman.” In those conversations about how science and technology can help the human race evolve beyond its natural limits, it was clear that military is keen on replacing human soldiers with both fighting and peacekeeping machines so American military lives never have to come under fire or be in harm’s way.
Continue reading “The robot bodyguard is coming — and you’ll want one”
- Tesla will prioritize Model 3 reservations for current Tesla owners over non-owners
- It doesn’t seem fair for Ng to ask not to ship the Autopilot, which is extremely useful to tens of thousands of Tesla owners, just because a few of them are abusing the system.
- Following a few recent accidents in the past weeks, Tesla received some criticisms over its approach on releasing semi-autonomous features.
- One of the most severe criticism came from renowned scientist Andrew NG who said that it was plainly “irresponsible” for Tesla to ship the Autopilot.
- It’s still difficult to agree with Ng’s claim of creating a “false sense of safety” when Tesla asks drivers to “prepare to take immediate corrective action” and even recommend to keep their hands on the wheel – it doesn’t do much to create a sense of safety.
Read the full article, click here.
@ElectrekCo: “Google Deep Learning Founder says Tesla’s Autopilot system is ‘irresponsible’”
Tesla Model 3 exclusive leaked specs: 0-60 under 4 sec fast and 300+ mile range options (Update: Base 6 sec 0-60 and 215 mile range)
Google Deep Learning Founder says Tesla’s Autopilot system is ‘irresponsible’