- Over 65 percent of the banks surveyed expect to deploy blockchains at scale within the next three years.
- One area where blockchains are already seeing considerable use is in logistics, which is opening the way for blockchains to be used as a way to interact with and monitor Internet of Things devices.
- , this year’s All Things Open conference has responded to interest in blockchains by adding a separate Blockchain track which will run during both days of the event, scheduled for October 26-27 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Blockchains, the distributed database model behind cryptocurrency Bitcoin, continues to prove itself as the next big thing in the enterprise.
- “With blockchain now moving into the enterprise and there being a significant ‘open’ component to it, it should be extremely well received,” conference chairperson Todd Lewis told Windows IT Pro.
A study released last week by IBM indicates that blockchain adoption by financial institutions is on the rise and beating expectations. This is good news for IBM, which is betting big on the database technology that was brought to prominence by Bitcoin. Yesterday, Big Blue announced that it has made its Watson-powered blockchain service available to enterprise customers.
Continue reading “Blockchain Adoption Faster Than Expected”