- Subscribe & Review on iTunes, Soundcloud, Audioboom, Mixcloud & Acast, and join the discussion on Facebook and Twitter
In 2016 Klaus Schwab, founder and chairman of the World Economic Forum, wrote: “We stand on the brink of a technological revolution that will fundamentally alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another.”
- This fourth Industrial Revolution, he said, will fuse the physical, digital and biological worlds, and affect all corners of society – even challenging ideas of what it means to be human.
- Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson of the the Massachusetts Institute of Technology think not.
- And in their latest book Machine, Platform, Crowd, they tell us why.
- Joining Ian Sample in the studio, Andrew and Erik lay out their blueprint for the future of the workplace, including the role big data will play, how some processes involving decision-making could be automated, and how minds and machines can come together to cancel out each other’s errors.
Ian Sample sits down with Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson to discuss the future of the workplace and the role artificial intelligence will play
Continue reading “Minds and machines: can we work together in the digital age?”