- Google supercharges Play Music with machine learning for smarter recommendations
- Google Play Music is getting a much-needed overhaul starting this week, both inside and out.
- The company noted the update will roll out starting this week, so you should be able to try the revamped interface soon.
- The company’s music service will now use those smarts to bring you suitable playlists for every activity it can reliably detect.
- Its Android , iOS and Web apps are getting a new interface that’s powered by machine learning to recommend music based on what you’re doing and where you are.
Google Play Music’s Android, iOS and Web apps are getting a new interface that recommends music based on what you’re doing and where you are.
Continue reading “Google supercharges Play Music with machine learning for smarter recommendations”
- The Emotional Radio shows the very first ways that AI might make its way into familiar objects whose capabilities can be rethought.
- The Emotional Radio is a good example of the mime problem, wherein something “smart” simply mirrors us instead of becoming a true partner worth talking or interacting with.
- By matching up the two data sets, the radio finds something to play.
- The moods are then cross-referenced with Spotify’s data set about the emotional valence of all the music in its catalog.
- When you come home, you hang up your clothes, look at your radio again.
Do you want music for your mood, or something that counters it? AI needs to figure that out.
Continue reading “This Smart Radio Highlights The Key UX Challenge For Artificial Intelligence”
- Artificial intelligence takes to the skies with Project Loon
- Project Loon has been using basic pre-crafted algorithms to help change the altitude of the balloons and keep them in roughly the same position.
- An AI-powered Project Loon balloon remained over Peru for 98 days.
- The X Lab team behind the project has revealed that it is making use of artificial intelligence technology, or machine learning to be more specific, to help keep the balloons in the air for longer.
- The new AI-based upgrade is designed to keep the balloons up in the air longer and leaving them able to providing internet access to users below more consistently.
Google’s wacky sounding Project Loon continues to evolve, and has recently been updated with a new artificial intelligence navigation system.
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence takes to the skies with Project Loon”