- Genus AI will use the money to expand its technology team in London and boost its sales operations in the US – the startup’s primary market.
- Despite increasing amount of data and computing power organisations are still struggling to engage with customers in an authentic way,” said Tadas Jucikas, CEO and co-founder of Genus AI.
- “At Genus AI we are building a new kind of artificial intelligence system which helps us inform and have a positive impact on the real world.
- Our technology has been in development with our customers for almost two years and I am extremely excited to welcome our new investors to help us bring Genus AI to the next level of growth,” he continued.
- Set up alongside Brent Clickard and Tobias Kloepper, Genus AI leverages machine learning, neuroscience, psychology and behavioural sciences to enable customers to engage with brands in an emotionally intelligent way.
The round was led by early-stage technology investment firm Picus Capital.
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence startup Genus AI scores $1m”
Artificial intelligence brings new opportunities for social change. Here are four steps for improving your startup’s compassion quotient.
Continue reading “How to Embrace AI for Enacting Humanitarian Change”
- The company, which has the eerie name of Soul Machines, has created a virtual chatbot that can not only portray human emotion, but also read human facial expressions.
- Soul Machines call this the avatar’s ’emotional intelligence’ or EI, which allows bots like Nadia to connect with people on a more subtle emotional level.
- The brain behind Nadia is Mark Sagar, professor at the University of Auckland and CEO of Soul Machines.
- Nadia, who is voiced by none other than the amazingly talented Cate Blanchett, was developed for the Australian government to improve services for people with disabilities.
- Nadia was created to fix all that and make a more human service available anytime and anywhere.
A new chatbot from Soul Machines is not only incredibly life-like but it can also read people’s emotions through tone and facial expressions.
Continue reading “Meet Nadia, the scarily ‘human’ chatbot who can read your emotions”
- As clever as machine learning is, there’s one common problem: you frequently have to train the AI on thousands or even millions of examples to make it effective.
- If Gamalon has its way, you could put AI to work almost immediately.
- The startup has unveiled a new technique, Bayesian Program Synthesis, that promises AI you can train with just a few samples.
- If you show it very short and tall chairs, for example, it should figure out that there are many chair sizes in between.
As clever as machine learning is, there’s one common problem: you frequently have to train the AI on thousands or even millions of examples to make it effective…
Continue reading “AI is learning to speed read”
- “I was on a train about three years ago, going back to my hotel after a business meeting,” 3DSignals CEO Amnon Shenfeld told Digital Trends.
- I had the thought that maybe if there was a train mechanic or engineer sitting on the train, they could tell us if the noise was normal and, if not, where it was coming from and whether it could be safely ignored.”
- Shenfeld said his company never set out to create its own hardware, but had to in order to carry out its mission statement.
- It was the same week that a train had overturned in Spain, injuring a lot of people.
- AI system listens to your engine and tells you if you’re running into problems
An innovative AI startup from Israel is using deep-learning AI technology to listen to machinery and predict whether it’s about to go wrong.
Continue reading “AI Llistens to Your Engine and Tells You if You’re Running into Problems”
- Now compare that to the composite image below, which shows the low-res image on the left, and the traditionally upsampled version on the right.
- In the composite image from Google below, the top section is the original, low-res picture, and the bottom is the RAISR-enhanced version.
- The adaptive upsampling means the resulting, zoomed images are less blurry.
- But while traditional upsampling methods make these images bigger by filling in new pixel values using fixed rules, RAISR adapts its methods to the type of image its looking at.
- Google PhotoScan turns your prints into high-quality digital images
Pulling up a low-quality image and telling the computer to “enhance” the resolution has long been the stuff of TV fantasy. But, thanks to machine learning, we are actually getting much better at…
Continue reading “Google’s prototype machine learning software lets you enhance low-res photos”
- Fei Fei Li Looks to Solve the Problem of Artificial Intelligence
- Visual intelligence is a key aspect of general intelligence.”
- As many know and Li emphasized, artificial intelligence has become a staple of technology in recent years .
- “Machine learning is helping to address the most important and fundamental problems with artificial intelligence.”
- Learning is the path to visual intelligence.”
Fei Fei Li is the keynote speaker at Innovate! and Celebrate 2016. Artificial intelligence is the topic and she is doing her part to fix the glaring issues.
Continue reading “Fei Fei Li Looks to Solve the Problem of Artificial Intelligence”