- Subscribe & Review on iTunes, Soundcloud, Audioboom, Mixcloud & Acast, and join the discussion on Facebook and Twitter
In 2016 Klaus Schwab, founder and chairman of the World Economic Forum, wrote: “We stand on the brink of a technological revolution that will fundamentally alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another.”
- This fourth Industrial Revolution, he said, will fuse the physical, digital and biological worlds, and affect all corners of society – even challenging ideas of what it means to be human.
- Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson of the the Massachusetts Institute of Technology think not.
- And in their latest book Machine, Platform, Crowd, they tell us why.
- Joining Ian Sample in the studio, Andrew and Erik lay out their blueprint for the future of the workplace, including the role big data will play, how some processes involving decision-making could be automated, and how minds and machines can come together to cancel out each other’s errors.
Ian Sample sits down with Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson to discuss the future of the workplace and the role artificial intelligence will play
Continue reading “Minds and machines: can we work together in the digital age?”
- Now, however, back offices are beginning to benefit, according to a study from Startupbootcamp InsurTech and PwC to be published today.
- Here are some of the study’s main findings:
However, a big barrier still stands in the way of insurtechs realizing their full potential.
- But Startupbootcamp and PwC’s study found that only 17% of incumbents think they’re good at collaborating with insurtechs, and that many startups find such partnerships “frustrating” and slow.
- Until this obstacle is overcome, insurtechs might struggle to become indispensable partners for legacy players, regardless of the complexity of the problems they decide to tackle.
- Sarah Kocianski, senior research analyst for BI Intelligence, Business Insider’s premium research service, has compiled a detailed report on insurtechs that:
To get the full report, subscribe to an All-Access pass to BI Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and more than 250 other expertly researched reports.
This story was delivered to BI Intelligence…
Continue reading “Insurtech is targeting the back office”
- AI Podcast: How AI Turns Kiddie Cars Into Fast and Frugal Autonomous Racers
- And if you missed Episode 5 of the AI Podcast , it’s worth a listen: Lynn Richards, head of the Congress for New Urbanism, and Charles Marohn, head of Strong Towns, talk about where AI’s taking cities next.
- “It’s something that’s only been possible in the last few years,” said Jim Burke, a graphic artist and founder of the Power Racing Series, in a conversation Michael Copeland, host of our AI Podcast. “
- Experimenting is what the Power Racing Series is all about.
- To get the AI Podcast delivered to your iPhone or Android, subscribe via iTunes or Google Play Music .
Take brains, a few hundred bones and a pink Barbie jeep. What have you got? Fast, furious, frugal autonomous vehicles powered with AI.
Continue reading “AI Podcast: How AI Turns Kiddie Cars Into Fast and Frugal Autonomous Racers”
- Brian is also a long time and repeat company founder.
- Brian Roemmele has a natural affinity for the audio realm – whether this be through his love of music or through his belief that voice would become the next operating system way before this was the “in thing”.
- Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | RSS
- January 18, 2017 usarsenalfan Leave a comment
- And last but not least, he is one of the hosts of one of my one personal favorite podcasts Around the Coin .
Brian Roemmele has a natural affinity for the audio realm – whether this be through his love of music or through his belief that voice would become the next operating system way before this was the “in thing”. Brian is also a long time and repeat company founder. He began 1st American Card Service back in 1986, Multiplex Media Corporation in 1995, and now Payfinders in 2014. And last but not least, he is one of the hosts of one of my one personal favorite podcasts Around the Coin.
Continue reading “Brian Roemmele_The FinTech Voice_Episode-26”
- Machine learning is already being used by Google in some ways.
- For example, the Google News section serves related articles using machine learning.
- Machine learning hasn’t developed to the point where it can fundamentally disrupt SEO or digital marketing.
- Eric Enge explains how machine learning will impact SEO and digital marketing.
- Google’s overall intent with machine learning is to serve better content to users.
Eric Enge, CEO and Founder of Stone Temple Consulting, discusses machine learning and its impact on SEO
Continue reading “Machine Learning & Its Impact on SEO: An Interview With Eric Enge”