- While human augmentation is just at the beginning of the innovation trigger phase of the Hype Cycle, complementary emerging technologies such as machine learning, blockchain, drones (commercial UAVs), software-defined security and brain-computer interfaces have moved significantly along the Hype Cycle since 2016.
- The Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2017 focuses on three emerging technology mega-trends: Artificial intelligence (AI) everywhere, transparently immersive experiences and digital platforms.
- “Our 2017 Hype Cycle reveals three distinct technology trends that profoundly create new experiences with unrivaled intelligence, and offer platforms that propel organizations to connect with new business ecosystems in order to become competitive over the next five to 10 years.”
- “When autonomous vehicles, AI, IoT and other emerging technologies are combined with economic trends like the sharing economy, we truly see different business designs that profoundly disrupt the market,” Walker says.
- Also in the realm of AI, machine learning, one of the hottest concepts in technology, has the potential to benefit industries from supply chain to drug research.
Enterprises should explain the business potential of blockchain, artificial intelligence and augmented reality.
Continue reading “Top Trends in the Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2017”
- All of which is why the current tussle between apps and chatbots is so important to the supply chain.
- Each Supply Chain Will Need Its Own App or Chatbot
The internet has evolved into something which is primarily done on mobile.
- The Shape of Things to Come
When chatbot developers claim that their product “will completely kill” apps and mobile-friendly websites, they are not making their grand predictions objectively.
- A more nuanced prediction sees the supply chain advanced by both the development of chatbots and apps at the same time.
- It’s this broader picture which will change the future of the supply chain, not apps or chatbots by themselves.
The user end of the supply chain has a huge effect on the whole thing. It’s for this reason that the current fight between apps and chatbots is so importan
Continue reading “Apps vs. Chatbots: The Fight for the Supply Chain Future”
- You need to be a member of Data Science Central to add comments!
- In 2006 , the IEEE Conference on Data Mining identified the top 10 ML algorithms as
- Added by Tim Matteson 0 Comments 0 Likes
- The algorithms are described in the article What you wont learn in statistics classes .
- Algorithms from graph theory (to find the shortest path in a graph, or to detect connected components), from operations research (the simplex, to optimize the supply chain), or from time series, are not listed either.
Read the full article, click here.
@KirkDBorne: “Top 10 [or Top 55] #MachineLearning Algorithms: #abdsc #BigData #DataScience #DataMining”
This was the subject of a question asked on Quora: What are the top 10 data mining or machine learning algorithms?
Some modern algorithms such as collaborative…
Top 10 Machine Learning Algorithms