- The virtualization cost savings were increasingly taken for granted and the operational benefits drove the spread of virtualization.
- Cloud computing software is eating the world, and each day is bringing new developments in this world.
- Virtualization was the seed that sparked the cloud revolution, although cloud has now taken its concepts significantly further.
- General Session | Trends, Challenges, and Solutions to Protect the Cloud
- The cloud, just like virtualization before it, first gained popularity because of the most basic business driver there is: cost savings.
As today’s businesses increasingly turn to the cloud to run their operations, seasoned enterprise technology professionals may recognize a familiar pattern. Years ago, virtualization emerged as a transformational technology with a similar pattern of business drivers; initially the promise of significant cost savings justified deployments. Just as virtualization evolved from a tactical cost-saving technology into a corporate strategy enabling enterprises to be responsive to changing business demands, cloud computing is following a similar path.
Continue reading “Cloud and Virtualization”