- Agent AI is looking to automate more of the customer service process.
- He’s not saying that Agent AI’s CRM software — which allows businesses to save customer data, manage different communication channels and visualize customer interactions — isn’t good.
- Specifically, Agent AI’s Co-Pilot and Auto-Pilot services both draw on data about past interactions, the company knowledge base and more.
- Agent AI says Auto-Pilot can answer 50 to 80 percent of routine customer service inquiries.
- Also worth noting: While Agent AI is using free CRM as a way to bring businesses and their data on-board, Hsu said its AI technology also integrates with other CRM services through APIs.
Agent AI is looking to automate more of the customer service process. To do that, it’s built its own customer relationship management product, as well as AI..
Continue reading “Agent AI aims to turbocharge its AI tools by offering free CRM”
- Team members see how much the company is investing in bringing them together.”
- Team members are reminded of their colleagues’ humanity and learn to respect and better understand each other in ways that don’t materialize when they only engage remotely.
- A team becomes more productive and cohesive as a result.
- The technology that supports virtual meetings and dispersed teams is only getting better and less expensive.
- A couple of years back, one of the teams decided to meet in-person about halfway through.
Dispersed teams trust more and function better when exposed to their colleagues’ non-verbal cues, best communicated in-person.
Continue reading “Your People’s Brains Need Face Time”
- Core to Drive.ai’ s approach is using deep learning across the board in its autonomous driving system, which means they’re teaching their self-driving cars somewhat like how you’d teach a human.
- Drive.ai uses deep learning to teach self-driving cars – and to give them a voice
- While increasing the safety of driving means building an effective ‘left brain’ for a self-driving car, so to speak, it also means addressing the ‘right brain,’ too.
- Uber and Volvo put $300M into building self-driving cars ready for sale by 2021
- Startup Drive.ai is revealing its product and strategy for the first time, and the autonomous driving tech company is looking not only to create the best hardware and software to enable self-driving cars, but also to make sure those cars communicate with people outside of the car in the most effective way possible.
Read the full article, click here.
@TechCrunch: “Drive․ai uses deep learning to teach self-driving cars – and to give … by @etherington”
Startup Drive.ai is revealing its product and strategy for the first time, and the autonomous driving tech company is looking not only to create the best..
Drive.ai uses deep learning to teach self-driving cars – and to give them a voice