- Artificial Intelligence Just Broke Steve Jobs’ Wall of Secrecy
- Uber Buys a Mysterious Startup to Make Itself an AI Company
- Trump Can’t Deliver the Rust Belt Jobs He Promised Because Work Has Changed
- Apple is intent on embracing this data-hungry approach to AI.
- Sure, Apple won’t share all its work-no company does.
Secrecy doesn’t play in AI research. And as it happens, AI is more important to the future of tech giants like Apple than any other.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Just Broke Steve Jobs’ Wall of Secrecy”
- Are 10 machine learning startups worth a closer look.
- 10 Cool Machine Learning Startups To Watch
- PricewaterhouseCoopers said 29 machine learning companies have been acquired so far this year by companies large and small, and total deals in 2016 will likely exceed the 37 such buyouts made last year.
- “Ten years ago, we struggled to find 10 machine learning-based business applications.
- There are companies specializing in machine learning applications for these verticals.
Machine learning is technology that trains software so developers don’t have to code it by hand. The number of new companies in the category has grown exponentially over the past few years. Here are 10 machine learning startups worth a closer look.
Continue reading “10 Cool Machine Learning Startups To Watch”
- Over 65 percent of the banks surveyed expect to deploy blockchains at scale within the next three years.
- One area where blockchains are already seeing considerable use is in logistics, which is opening the way for blockchains to be used as a way to interact with and monitor Internet of Things devices.
- , this year’s All Things Open conference has responded to interest in blockchains by adding a separate Blockchain track which will run during both days of the event, scheduled for October 26-27 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Blockchains, the distributed database model behind cryptocurrency Bitcoin, continues to prove itself as the next big thing in the enterprise.
- “With blockchain now moving into the enterprise and there being a significant ‘open’ component to it, it should be extremely well received,” conference chairperson Todd Lewis told Windows IT Pro.
A study released last week by IBM indicates that blockchain adoption by financial institutions is on the rise and beating expectations. This is good news for IBM, which is betting big on the database technology that was brought to prominence by Bitcoin. Yesterday, Big Blue announced that it has made its Watson-powered blockchain service available to enterprise customers.
Continue reading “Blockchain Adoption Faster Than Expected”
- Register to become a member today.
- The Chinese Company’s Self-Driving Cars Got Approved for Testing in California
- China has tightened the regulations for online advertising in China, prompted by a national outcry over Baidu’s healthcare ads.
- Baidu has cut the amount of ads its shows per page.
- To get uninterrupted access and additional benefits, become a member today.
Baidu, the world’s No. 3 force in online advertising after Google and Facebook, sees artificial intelligence as the next big thing.
Continue reading “Search Ad Giant Baidu Is Focusing on Artificial Intelligence”
- Deep learning requires large volumes of data in order for a system to learn the features and should not be attempted where data is sparse.
- , deep learning is suitable only for certain classes of problems and cannot be seen as a panacea to solve all problems.
- In the previous post in our Machine Learning series, we dived into the inner workings of deep learning .
- Previous post: Sportifying STEM through Robotics to Stimulate Learning
- Demystifying Machine Learning Part 4: Image and Video Applications
Read the full article, click here.
@PwCAdvisory: “Demystifying #MachineLearning Part 4: Image and Video Applications from @AnandSRao: #AI”
How are companies using deep learning to drive business goals? Improved image and video recognition, audio recognition, and language understanding.
Demystifying Machine Learning Part 4: Image and Video Applications