- The rise of the technologies is being called the fourth industrial revolution, which raises concerns over job security as many people, in the past, have lost their jobs due to introduction of newer technologies.
- Commenting on the impact of automation, Shaw said that the next ten years should clearly be about making the existing jobs more productive through technology.
- For example, the people working in airlines and travel agencies have already lost their jobs due to the introduction of different e-commerce sites.
- The disruptive technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, automation and Internet of Things (IoT) have become an integral part of our everyday lives.
- Though automation makes jobs more productive, it will take over the jobs of millions people.
The rise of these technologies is being called the fourth industrial revolution.
Continue reading “Is India prepared for ‘fourth industrial revolution’?”